It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 4:29 am

News News of California

Site map of California » Forum : California

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.

need partner 4 Lover's Leap 9-19 and/or 9-20!

I'm coming up to Sacramento from the Los Angeles area, briefly, on business and would love to climb at Lover's Leap this weekend. I'm looking for a partner for Sat. or Sun., one who is experienced following and/or leading trad climbs and motivated to have an awesome time climbing! I have five years of experience, climb often, and will lead anything up to 5.9, but willing to follow on harder routes. I'm interested in climbing ...
Read more : need partner 4 Lover's Leap 9-19 and/or 9-20! | Views : 1422 | Replies : 0

Name that crag

that's easy!

the legendary Northern California Basalt and Granite Cliffs.

Next!
Read more : Name that crag | Views : 1801 | Replies : 2

Tahquitz Helicopter rescue 9/13?

Blair and I were on the Larks yesterday and saw a helicopter fly right over the top of us and thought we had heard an accident around the corner to the south. Does anyone have any information on this?
Read more : Tahquitz Helicopter rescue 9/13? | Views : 3389 | Replies : 4

Non-climber biting off too much?

I posted the following question on Backpacker.com and haven't received any responses...in my hours of googling for answers, this site comes up repeatedly & I was hoping some of you'd be able to help me:

Next week, my wife & I will be doing the "Circle of Solitude" in SEKI. For those unfamiliar with that name/trail, here's the official description (it's all national park trail):

*Start @ Road's End on the Bubbs Creek Trail
*Head ...
Read more : Non-climber biting off too much? | Views : 5445 | Replies : 21

V Notch --> Polemonium partner (and conditions?)

Looking for a partner for V Notch --> Polemonium. I can supply screws and rock rack, but I would prefer your doubles or twins over my single + heavy pull cord. I lead F6a (5.9-5.10a?), AI3, and have done long routes in the Mont Blanc massif to D+. I want to do this in two days: one to the glacier, one to the summit and back to town. Please respond if you're interested with your ...
Read more : V Notch --> Polemonium partner (and conditions?) | Views : 2352 | Replies : 3

San Bernardino Mountains 22-23 September

What would the community sudgest for the first time trekking experience in the US to a... :) Russian ski/moutaineer having 1-2 days free in California? I will be on business nearby LA for a week and thought should not loose a chance to experience moutnains that are half a planet away.
Mount Baldy? - any other option? forest fires? permits?
Any instructions, links, considerations that might help ...
Read more : San Bernardino Mountains 22-23 September | Views : 4427 | Replies : 27

Best Tahoe Backcountry Touring: Ya Heard?

No major criteria, 'cept that the approach must be more than 2 hours. (yet close enough that I'd want to bring 6 Bigfoots or something with me).
Read more : Best Tahoe Backcountry Touring: Ya Heard? | Views : 6095 | Replies : 15

Palisades Traverse 9/6

On Sunday morning 9/6 I met 7 people, in three groups, on the summit of Thunderbolt, who were attempting the traverse to Mt. Sill. They left Thunderbolt between 9:30 and 10:30, which I thought might be a little late. Has anyone seen a TR or have any information on their success??

I have some pix of a Canadian, living in LA, named John.
Read more : Palisades Traverse 9/6 | Views : 3848 | Replies : 8

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558014 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136574