It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:41 pm

News News of Canada and Alaska

Site map of Canada and Alaska » Forum : Canada and Alaska

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Canada and Alaska. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Canada and Alaska Climbing Partners forum.

Partners needed for a potential full year of travelling

OK so here's what's going down. Due to the extremely low gas prices, it looks like I may be done working for quite some time. I am planning to take full advantage of this since I have some money saved up, and am looking for people who want to join me for parts of this year for multiple big trips. I'll describe briefly what I am hoping to accomplish this year and if anyone is ...
Read more : Partners needed for a potential full year of travelling | Views : 16511 | Replies : 16

Favorite BC backpacking trips?

Hello all,

I moved to BC last year for school and I haven't had much chance to get outside yet. I'm graduating in June and I plan to spend as much of the end of the summer as I can in the mountains.

There's so much here that I don't have any idea where to start and my Googlings mostly produce lists of places that are likely to be crowded. Does anyone have any favorite ...
Read more : Favorite BC backpacking trips? | Views : 4807 | Replies : 1

Quebec hut to hut XC or Snowshoe trail?

I'm looking for a 3 day 2 night hut to hut trip I can do this winter somewhere in Quebec. Either cross country or snowshoe. Obviously the more scenic the better, I'd rather not be in the woods the entire time :) Any suggestions?
Read more : Quebec hut to hut XC or Snowshoe trail? | Views : 5434 | Replies : 2

recommendation for a guide/partner to climb Mt. Athabasca N.

Hello from Minnesota!

Looks like I will be heading out with the family to the Banff area next summer and I have wanted to climb the N. Face of Athabasca for a long time. I won't have any partners out there so I need to either hire a guide or find someone who can go in Mid-late July 2015. I know we are just getting into winter so predicting conditions next year is going to ...
Read more : recommendation for a guide/partner to climb Mt. Athabasca N. | Views : 9617 | Replies : 8

Friends of the Chugach Fall Fundraiser with Luc Mehl

F-CNFAIC Annual Fundraiser! Luc Mehl
November 13 @ 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Beartooth Theatrepub, Anchorage AK

Join F-CNFAIC for our 6th Annual Fundraiser featuring Luc Mehl!

Friends of Chugach National Forest Avalanche Information Center present Luc Mehl’s “Lust, Loss, and Things to Look At.” Local adventurer Luc Mehl has completed 4000 miles of human-powered traverses, including North America’s three tallest mountains: Denali, Logan (Yakutat to McCarhty, 370 miles, 30 days), and Orizaba, Join ...
Read more : Friends of the Chugach Fall Fundraiser with Luc Mehl | Views : 4866 | Replies : 0

Brooks/Silverthrone and Packing Amount Brooks/Silverthrone and Packing Amount

I'm beginning to plan a climbing trip to DNP for next summer. We're East Coast guys with lots of mountaineering/alpine skills in our mountains, as well as Mount Rainier (and even a couple courses through the years), and we're also pretty technical ice climbers, but it will be our first trip to Alaska.

I know Brooks is a definite possibility for us but we're really thinking about spending a little more time and looking at ...
Read more : Brooks/Silverthrone and Packing Amount | Views : 5834 | Replies : 5

Rock/Ice Climbing advise for late Sep/Oct in BC

Hi all,

we are planning a 3.5 weeks trip in BC starting from Vancouver on Sept.18th. It is not a lot of time but we'd love to climb and see as much as possible. I've been searching the internet for good climbing spots and weather conditions, so already have a rough, vage idea of what is expecting us.

One of the climbing areas we really wanted to visit are the Bugaboos and the spots around ...
Read more : Rock/Ice Climbing advise for late Sep/Oct in BC | Views : 5358 | Replies : 4

scramble to Mt. Alymer

Hi! my daughter and i are hoping to summit Mt. Alymer on Aug 31st and Sept 1st, and are looking for anyone interested in joining us. :D Mt. Alymer is located near banff, Alberta, and is listed as a moderate scramble.
Read more : scramble to Mt. Alymer | Views : 4771 | Replies : 0

Work/where to live in Alaska

Hey,

I'm considering the possibility of moving to Alaska after having lived in the UK for a good number of years (US citizen). These are probably dumb/basic questions, but any answers will help me! Where would you say is a good city/area to live in Alaska (near to mountains/climbing...)? Can anybody recommend any good seasonal work (anything; tourism/fishing/agriculture/retail)? What are some good job websites for Alaska? All the ones I seem to come up with ...
Read more : Work/where to live in Alaska | Views : 7045 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557960 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136430