It is currently Fri Jun 21, 2024 6:08 am

News News of Gear

Site map of Gear » Forum : Gear

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.

Free Country outerwear

Anyone ever heard of this stuff? http://www.freecountry.com/

I just bought a softshell http://www.freecountry.com/cgi-bin/freec/locate?fcyear=2008&act=1&cat=men&item=13-M9707 at Sam's Club. Yup, you heard right. It was $10, so I have extremely low expectations, but it seems like a very decent jacket. It has a hood that's big enough for a helmet, two handwarmer pockets and a chest pocket, and a pretty beefy zipper.

I just took it in the shower and sprayed it for a minute or so and ...
Read more : Free Country outerwear | Views : 1554 | Replies : 0

Shirt-pocket superzoom camera?

Finally about ready to leave film for digital photography, I'm sold on the small superzooms.

Have you experience and preferences to share between what seem to me the most competitive and adaptable choices, the Panasonic ZS1 and the Fuji F70 EXR? ZS3 is out of my budget, though the video capacity is stunning.

What about mountain photography, route shots, and the like? Battery life, auto-functions in alpine conditions, other tech details? (I don't need to ...
Read more : Shirt-pocket superzoom camera? | Views : 1946 | Replies : 5

DSLR Owners

Just wondering how everyone goes about carrying their DSLR while in action. Holster bag on the hip belt? Top load bag in front? What's the best option for easy carrying and easy access?
Read more : DSLR Owners | Views : 2788 | Replies : 9

MH G50 vs. REI Signal Peak

Both of these are on sale at REI. The G50 is $115 and the Signal Peak is $85. Both look good and are at a great price. I'm just curious if the Signal peak should perform as well as any other softshell or if this is a more casual everyday jacket. Any suggestions on either are appreciated.

I need a softshell for Alpine climbing, scrambling, and hiking.
Read more : MH G50 vs. REI Signal Peak | Views : 865 | Replies : 2

Suggestions for Minimalist Down Jacket

Odd question I suppose. My friend and I are headed to Kili in July. Neither of us run cold and we're both used to very cold temps with high wind. Seems we're looking for an "inbetween" type jacket. For when it gets cold and nasty out - I have my FF Icefall parka, and when I'm not in that, I'm with my r1/r2 + hardshells. For Kili though, the FF is way too overkill, I'll ...
Read more : Suggestions for Minimalist Down Jacket | Views : 7065 | Replies : 16

Where to buy Tami Knight T-Shirt?

My old Tami Knight T-shirt is pretty much worn out.

Where can I get another one?

(I bought mine at Pika Mountaineering, but, their web site seems to be not there any more.)

Anyone know who sells these t-shirts now?
Read more : Where to buy Tami Knight T-Shirt? | Views : 1808 | Replies : 3

1 man 4 season tent?

Does anybody make a 1 man 4 season tent? Or would that be called a bivy?
Read more : 1 man 4 season tent? | Views : 10160 | Replies : 12

Into the wild in the italian Val Ferret

His name is Mark Steven Weinberg, is aged 46 and the United States is called the "Nose Doctor", that is to say, "Dr. Nose", a famous plastic surgeon in the world whole.
Very rich, adored by his patients, he lived like a rock star until 2004, when a complaint came to a wrong diagnosis, followed by 299 more complaints and arrest warrant from the FBI for fraud.
As in the movie "Into the Wild," the ...
Read more : Into the wild in the italian Val Ferret | Views : 462 | Replies : 0

Shoes or Boots?

What's the better way to go when on talus and class 3/4 scrambling? Shoes or Boots? I've always been a boots guy but now I'm seeing that more and more people are using shoes.
Read more : Shoes or Boots? | Views : 11588 | Replies : 24

FOR SALE-GARMONT GSM AT SKI MOUNTAINEERING BOOTS-NEW

yeah, for sale- black Garmont GSM alpine touring boots. shell size 29-30. liner size mondo 30, or US men size 12. brand new never used. MSRP $450, I want $150 plus 10 shipping. Where else you going to find a new AT boot for less than $250? Email me at kchorton15@hotmail.com. we can do trans. through paypal.

Also have brand new BLack Diamond Machine Ski 182 for sale. $200+20 shipping, ...
Read more : FOR SALE-GARMONT GSM AT SKI MOUNTAINEERING BOOTS-NEW | Views : 2124 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558078 • Total topics 55846 • Total members 136701