It is currently Sun Jun 23, 2024 6:47 pm

News News of Gear

Site map of Gear » Forum : Gear

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.

FS: La Sportiva Nepal EVO GTX

Size 45 in like new condition.
retail: $475
yours: $305 + Shipping (EDIT: please make offer if interested)
Please email me for pictures: rmodelli@comcast.net

I can take paypal.

The best leather mountaineering boot on the market

The 3.2 mm one-piece silicone impregnated leather upper offers excellent durability and fit for this winter mountaineering beast of a boot. The Nepal last offers an excellent fit for any foot and is easily ...
Read more : FS: La Sportiva Nepal EVO GTX | Views : 3996 | Replies : 7

Anyone snowboard in their doubles?

I'm thinking about buying a nice new pair of mountaineering boots (phantom/spantik/whatever). I'm thinking about using them for snowboarding. Since my board has strap style binding, I figure they should work fine. Just wondering if anyone else does it or is it a crappy idea?
Read more : Anyone snowboard in their doubles? | Views : 5416 | Replies : 14

Winter climbing boot recommendation

My trusted Boreals are finally in need of replacement. I am looking for a durable and warm boot to use in winter alpine conditions. Being able to climb mid-5th class rock as well as steep ice in them is paramount. Double boot is preferred since I plan to use them for multi-day trips in +15F to -20F conditions.

I have fairly narrow feet. Any recommendations?
Read more : Winter climbing boot recommendation | Views : 10272 | Replies : 27

Surefire Saint Headlamp?

Anyone ever heard of/used one of these? Judging from their website the company is generally geared towards tactical products, but seems to be marketing their headlamps to the outdoorsy crowd as well:

Surefire Saint
Read more : Surefire Saint Headlamp? | Views : 1513 | Replies : 4

Mountaineering Boot Size

I am in the process of trying to buy my first pair of mountaineering boots. I believe I am going to try to get the Scarpa Summit GTX boot, because of how well all different types of Scarpa Boots and Shoes have fit me in the past. The craftsmanship is known etc, nothing against those Trangos everyone seems to be in love with. Anyway I am just trying to figure out what size is best ...
Read more : Mountaineering Boot Size | Views : 18820 | Replies : 7

Backpack and Sleeping Bag

I've seen a million threads on backpacks but I couldn't find one similar enough. I'm looking for a backpack that can kinda do a lot of different things.I need it to work for 2 or 3 day trips. I want it to work for backpack trips for 2-3 days but also winter alpine climbs. I'll probably take it to the crag too. And I also want it to be decent to use for scrambling. Such ...
Read more : Backpack and Sleeping Bag | Views : 8734 | Replies : 27

FOR SALE: Outdoor Reaserch Mentor GTX-Proshell, SizeL

Outdoor Research Mentor Gore-Tex Proshell Jacket: Men’s Size: Large. Color: Sandstone/Peat.

Like new condition, worn in town a few times, but no stains, scuffs, or tears. Great jacket, but I received a different shell as a gift shortly after purchasing it.

Asking Price: $225 OBO, shipping included (retail $399).
Read more : FOR SALE: Outdoor Reaserch Mentor GTX-Proshell, SizeL | Views : 1247 | Replies : 0

Ever Buy Used Gear?

What is the general consensus when it comes to buying used climbing gear? I've heard of people poaching cams and nuts off trad routes, but I've also heard that buying used gear from friends or online can be sketchy. Are there some guidelines that can help me cheaply fill out my gear closet?
Read more : Ever Buy Used Gear? | Views : 10854 | Replies : 8

La Sportiva Nepal EVO - any treatment before use

I just bought a pair of La Sportiva Nepal EVO and am wondering whether it needs any treatment prior to use ? Do I need to treat it with any leather conditioner ? Silicone / NikWax etc ?

thanks
Read more : La Sportiva Nepal EVO - any treatment before use | Views : 2095 | Replies : 1

MemBrain Strata vs. Event

I'm in the market for a new hardshell. For the longest time, I've been looking for a good deal on an eVent jacket, and I've got a few options, but I'll likely go with the Montane Super Fly. However, I keep reading about Marmot's new membrane with people claiming about its excellent breathability. These jackets are only a year old, and I wouldn't be quick to believe the hype, especially when compared to a tried-and-true ...
Read more : MemBrain Strata vs. Event | Views : 2488 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558082 • Total topics 55846 • Total members 136713