It is currently Sun May 26, 2024 4:29 am

News News of Gear

Site map of Gear » Forum : Gear

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.

Montrail Choice

So I got a pair of Montrail CTC's off SAC and used them on the Grand and they were great. Hiked and climbed great.
Just did Prusik Peak (Fun times with Excitible Boy), and the shoes blew apart on the hike down. So now my choice is either a hiker http://montrail.com/Product.aspx?prod=149&cat=150&top=1 that won't climb as well. Or an approach shoe http://montrail.com/Product.aspx?prod=121&cat=120&top=1 that won't ...
Read more : Montrail Choice | Views : 2350 | Replies : 7

Air Matress Storage

I have an air mat with foam inside for better insulation. I also have several other thermarest air pads with no foam. When I store them away, I usually roll them up as small and compact as they go like I do when I backpack. But is this good for them and their seams? I know sleeping bags should not remain stuffed into small sacks for long term storage, because the insulation gets crushed. But ...
Read more : Air Matress Storage | Views : 4935 | Replies : 25

Splitboarders...

Hey you splitties, there is now an entire section of the "gear section" devoted to our sport. Get in there and review some of your favorite boards. Make a new section for your favorites that I never added....

Smash it up.

Read more : Splitboarders... | Views : 1796 | Replies : 9

Leashless alpine climbing?

What's the current state-of-the-art practice for technical ice tools on alpine routes? I've heard of people using leashless tools for alpine routes, but wouldn't the pinky guard required for going leashless interfere with the tool's ability to be used in dagger and cane positions?
Read more : Leashless alpine climbing? | Views : 7247 | Replies : 23

Twisty Rope

I searched for this and couldn't find any threads on it. I went climbing today and my rope seemed to twist a lot. I have a Mammut Matterhorn 10,2. I was sport climbing so I was moving from climb to climb. when I was getting lowered I noticed the rope twisting. The sheath pattern is visibly twisting and I can see the rope itself slightly twisting with my weight on it. On mammut's sight twisting ...
Read more : Twisty Rope | Views : 2687 | Replies : 4

Gear/Book Sale

BD Speed Pack $60
-40L version. This is a great lightweight climbing pack. Used on three climbs only. In mint condition for all intents and purposes.

Books:
•Face Climbing by John Long $5
•Better Bouldering by John Sherman $5
•Ice & Mixed by John Long $15

Read more : Gear/Book Sale | Views : 1158 | Replies : 0

FS: Brooks Ranger Overboots- XXL NWT- $65

Brand New With Tags!
I'm selling these overboots because I really don't think I'll be attempting Denali anytime soon. Hope these help you to your goal.

$65 + shipping
Read more : FS: Brooks Ranger Overboots- XXL NWT- $65 | Views : 1011 | Replies : 0

FS: Bunny Boots/ Mickey Mouse Boots - Size 14 XW

I'm never going anywhere that cold. Buy my boots.
They are new, and never worn.
only $45 + shipping
Read more : FS: Bunny Boots/ Mickey Mouse Boots - Size 14 XW | Views : 3859 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558011 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136550