It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:31 am

News News of Gear

Site map of Gear » Forum : Gear

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.

Where are the twist leashes???

Ok, I've spent the last two seasons climbing with a twist leash for my tools. I've used different tools and climbed everything from hard mixed to alpine in them and I've found them to be the most efficient system (Twight was right). HOWEVER, I can't find them ANYWHERE! I know BD use to have one, but I can't even find an old set anywhere. I've been using self made twist leashes and I'm ok with ...
Read more : Where are the twist leashes??? | Views : 2032 | Replies : 8

FS: New Mamutt softshell pants / La Sportiva Lhotse Boots

New w/tags Mammut Pala Climbing Pants Womens Size 40 (8-10) Grafite new $120, sell for $60.00
http://www.mammut.ch/mammut/katalog.asp ... d=5&dart=3

New in Box: La Sportiva Lhotse GTX 43.5 $420 new, sell $250.00
http://www.sportiva.com/products/prod/236

Email me at clientcare@Livinginswflorida.com
Read more : FS: New Mamutt softshell pants / La Sportiva Lhotse Boots | Views : 1647 | Replies : 1

Pack Recommendations

I am looking to get a new pack and wanted to get some feedback on the following packs:

Gregory- Palisade
Gregory- Baltoro
Osprey- Aether 70

Any other pack recommendations under $300.00 would also be good. I will be mostly using this for 3-7 day trips in the lower 48. I do carry climbing gear at times. These are the three that I am really looking at right now, but I would like some feedback from ...
Read more : Pack Recommendations | Views : 8161 | Replies : 22

down sleeping bag storage

Is there a reason not to store down bags fully compressed? I like having my gear ready to go when I need it to be rather than all over the place. Thanks.
Read more : down sleeping bag storage | Views : 14708 | Replies : 24

Prusiks for 8 mil rope

Getting a new Beal 8MM rope (glacier travel) and wondering what size cordelette will work best for prusik's....6mm? or am I going to have to go smaller? Keep in mind they rope may be wet and iced.
Read more : Prusiks for 8 mil rope | Views : 20889 | Replies : 12

The importance of a tent

How important is it for you? D'you think it rises the temperature a lot :?: Or is it better for protect from humidity, precipitations and wind :?:

BTW, any good, waterproof and light tent for two :?: Sold in Europe please
Read more : The importance of a tent | Views : 25610 | Replies : 63

Common Pin Sizes

Getting ready to build the "rack of iron" and wanted some advice from "nailers" about what are the best common sizes to consider. Common sense tells me stick to medium angles and LA's. Eveything small should be mid-size blades. But experience speaks volumes regarding this and I'm still a nube to the walls.

Any help? Craig? Bruce? DMT? JD? Rob?
Read more : Common Pin Sizes | Views : 6833 | Replies : 26

two way radios

What advice out there about two way radios? I see 12 mile pairs for 69 bucks, 8 mile $49 and REI has 5 mile pair for $25? Do they really go that far and is anyone getting a license for these? Who is buying what now? Thanks.
Read more : two way radios | Views : 7207 | Replies : 10

d-SLR cameras

Is anybody here using digital SLR cameras in the backcountry? I am getting close to dish out some major dough for the newest <a href="http://www.dpreview.com/articles/nikond70/">Nikon D70</a> with a DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G lense, and I am curious if anybody here used cameras like Canon 10D, Canon Digital Rebel 300D, Canon D60, Nikon D100/D1H/D1, or Fuji S1/S2 Pro. I am worried about their durability and quality in tough mountain conditions (moisture, cold temperature, very strong sunlight, ...
Read more : d-SLR cameras | Views : 94526 | Replies : 607

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557948 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136406