It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 6:41 pm

News News of Colorado

Site map of Colorado » Forum : Colorado

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.

Need some advice in Colorado

Hey everyone, I'm looking for some advice on things to do in Colorado. I've made trips this summer already to the Sierras, the Winds, and the Tetons, and figured it was time to check out what Colorado has to offer before it gets too cold. My ideal trip would be to set up a backcountry camp in a basin somewhere for 2 or 3 nights and climb a couple peaks as day trips, but I ...
Read more : Need some advice in Colorado | Views : 4836 | Replies : 4

3+5 days around Denver, what to do

Hi,

I am Danish Viking sailing into Denver for a 3 day conference. I will have approx. 3 days before and 5 days after the conference that can be spent in the mountains.
Does anybody have suggestions on where to go and peaks to climb?

I have lots of experience (I climbed Shasta and Hood on a previous trip to the US, and have climbed a lot of European summits), but since I will be ...
Read more : 3+5 days around Denver, what to do | Views : 9614 | Replies : 17

Report your 2015 Colorado list completions!

The deadline to be included in this year's completion lists is Oct. 15, 2015. This becomes part of the story of Colorado's history of mountaineering, and I'd like to encourage everyone who's completed a list to submit their name.

If you've finished the CO 14ers, 13ers, etc., or any of the CO Hundred Milestones (Highest 100, 200, etc.), you can submit your name to the Colorado Mountain Club (CMC) for the record books. The lists ...
Read more : Report your 2015 Colorado list completions! | Views : 3473 | Replies : 0

RMNP McHenrys to Green Ridge trail

Anyone have gps tracks for Glacier Trail over McHenrys down to Powell Lake and then to the Green Ridge trail near Verna Lake? Is this route possible? Basically the blue line in the image below... Thx

mchenrys.png
Read more : RMNP McHenrys to Green Ridge trail | Views : 3470 | Replies : 1

Twin Peaks - Ouray - True Summit????

Anybody have beta on getting to the true summit of Twin Peaks??? Seems pretty sketchy to us. But, the hiking trail drops you on the lower E Summit. There is a visible summit register on the W Summit and it appears a few feet higher than the E Summit. Kind of anti-climatic to come so close, but yet be so far away.....
Read more : Twin Peaks - Ouray - True Summit???? | Views : 3875 | Replies : 3

Leaving tent at Mt. Elbert camping area

Is it safe to leave your tent with stuff in it at the Mt. Elbert camping area, while you summit?

I plan to leave early in the morning to summit, then come back in the afternoon. Since this will be part of a CT section hike, I'll leave a lot of gear I don't need for the summit hike in the tent, some of which is high quality (expensive). I would think your stuff would ...
Read more : Leaving tent at Mt. Elbert camping area | Views : 3986 | Replies : 2

SawTooth Mountain

I'm looking for snow conditions for Sawtooth Mountain near Buchanan Pass. Anyone been up in that area recently? All I hear is snow is still present.

Thanks!
Read more : SawTooth Mountain | Views : 3486 | Replies : 0

Help a flatlander from Kansas?

Hello,

A friend and I are looking for a 4-5 day trip anywhere in Colorado. We would like to park, hike to a nice lake or other good water source, set up base camp, then climb a couple 13'ers. We are mainly looking for seclusion. We have climbed a couple 14'ers and don't like the crowds. I am just not familiar enough with Colorado to find a nice hike that suits our needs. Please help ...
Read more : Help a flatlander from Kansas? | Views : 3738 | Replies : 4

Georgia Pass Road - South Park

anyone been up there recently - is the road passable all the way to the top or is it closed because of snow further down the road?
Read more : Georgia Pass Road - South Park | Views : 3607 | Replies : 1

Mount Guyot - Plan B

anyone been up there recently ? how much snow is left on Plan B - still feasible to do a good snow climb?
Read more : Mount Guyot - Plan B | Views : 3359 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557989 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136501