It is currently Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:46 pm

News News of Colorado

Site map of Colorado » Forum : Colorado

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.

Mt Elbert. Too ambitious?

Hi, so I am a Salt Lake City resident and I hike locally quite often, but nothing super intense.

My favorite thing about hiking is the view, isolation, quietness, etc when you finally reach the end destination. I love sitting up high on a mountain and looking down at the city and breathing the fresh air and stuff.
I always look up at mountaintops around here when it's extreme weather conditions like super cloudy or ...
Read more : Mt Elbert. Too ambitious? | Views : 5211 | Replies : 4

Iphone 5 Battery life above 12000 ft

Hello, I have a question about my phones battery life at higher elevations. Last July I spent time out in the CO front range, my phone was working fine for listening to music and taking pictures. on several occasions when hiking above 12000 ft elevation my phone battery almost immediately drained and shut down. I am planning a two day hiking adventure through the Mummy Range this coming July and was thinking about buying a ...
Read more : Iphone 5 Battery life above 12000 ft | Views : 9418 | Replies : 9

Camera Left on W. Needle Mtn. Aug.'14

We did the hike in to the lake slowly. Got tents up just before the storm hit us, about 2PM, August 24th. The rain set-in and only let-up about 8:30, long enough to eat and get settled for the night. Rain started again and didn't let-up until morning of the third day, keeping us totally tent-bound.
On P-excursions, we saw no fish rising. Needed an early start to get the summit before lightening began, but ...
Read more : Camera Left on W. Needle Mtn. Aug.'14 | Views : 2668 | Replies : 1

Continental Divide Ridge climb from Berthoud Pass

Has anyone every done this in the Winter and come out at Devils Thumb ranch? It looks like it would be a beautiful climb and typically wind blown, but i am curious about the avalanche potential and if it can be done in the winter?
Read more : Continental Divide Ridge climb from Berthoud Pass | Views : 3089 | Replies : 1

Mt. Harvard from the Colorado Trail

How long is the route to Mt. Harvard from the Colorado Trail? Later this year I'll do Harvard from the CT, not from a drive-in trailhead.

Any other comments about this route would be appreciated.
Read more : Mt. Harvard from the Colorado Trail | Views : 3803 | Replies : 1

Best winter climbs in CO

I'm looking to do a climb next week. Any suggestions? Criteria below:

- not too far from Vail/Summit County area (2 hour drive, 1 hour drive is better)

- relatively low avy danger

- not Quandry or Bierstadt (I've done these in winter a few times)

- 13er or 14er preferred, but a great mountain of any height would work

Thanks in advance!
Read more : Best winter climbs in CO | Views : 4823 | Replies : 6

Missing Person - Payton Creek/Brookside Trailhead- Bailey CO

Payton/Brookside Trailhead ( 2miles outside Bailey)is the site where the car of a missing teen from Nebraska was found early November (missing notices were posted to the tree, thats how i found out about it) so decided to also post this here as this parking area is normally exclusively used by hikers, so perhaps someone saw something - for more info +contact details please look at the link

http://www.theflume.com/free_content/ar ... b2370.html ...
Read more : Missing Person - Payton Creek/Brookside Trailhead- Bailey CO | Views : 2982 | Replies : 0

Looking for buddies for 11/29 14er! Looking for buddies for 11/29 14er!

This is absurdly late notice but... I'll be doing a 14er starting early tomorrow (11/29) morning and would love company!

This is my first winter 14er so I was going to keep it simple and stick to either Quandary or Evans, but am not opposed to taking a different route. The weather looks beautiful for both tomorrow. I'd ideally like to start at 5:30am or so and be back in Denver by mid-afternoon.

Any takers?
Read more : Looking for buddies for 11/29 14er! | Views : 3039 | Replies : 0

Coming to Colorado... Looking for partners

Hey guys

I'm on a big (solo) road trip in the US and will be coming to Colorado (from Utah) in the next week or so. I'll be around Colorado for a couple of weeks then heading up to Wyoming.

Super keen to do some climbing and have some adventures in the mountains while I'm here. Will be available anywhere, anytime :) I've got a van, experience, ...
Read more : Coming to Colorado... Looking for partners | Views : 3117 | Replies : 2

Peak in November

We are looking for a peak to climb at the end of November in Colorado. Looking for something not too snowy and not too
technical. I know it will be hard to find at this time.
Read more : Peak in November | Views : 3293 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558053 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136650