It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 1:27 pm

News News of Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

Site map of Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast) » Forum : Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Eastern US. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Eastern US Climbing Partners section.

9/19 Mt Frissell (CT/MA) rescue?

While driving down past the Mt Frissell trailhead in CT at 4pm today (9/19), I saw 2 state trooper cars, 2 ambulances, the MA park ranger car. As I was driving to Sailsbury, CT. I was passed by another ambulance and several fire rescue vehicles. I don't know who needed rescuing or what happened, I do know that the weather and conditions were perfect. I have also hiked this trail before and I wouldn't classify ...
Read more : 9/19 Mt Frissell (CT/MA) rescue? | Views : 1716 | Replies : 2

Anybody been up Groover on Laurel Knob?

I've read a few TR's that make it look pretty sketch. Can anyone compare it to another 5.8, say, The Nose on Looking Glass?
Read more : Anybody been up Groover on Laurel Knob? | Views : 2261 | Replies : 1

mount washington ice - when is it in season?

Hey there all. Sierra Nevada ice climber here just curious as to when Mt Washington's ice is in its best shape. Also curious in particular as to what kind of temperatures to expect end of December up there? Approach distance over snow, etc.
Read more : mount washington ice - when is it in season? | Views : 3556 | Replies : 7

Closest climbing from Virginia Beach

Yeah, I know the table flat area in which I reside is anathema to climbing, but love to travel to the western part of the state for backpacking and mtb'ing. What's the closest good stuff for me to expand my horizons beyond the rock gym?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Graham
Read more : Closest climbing from Virginia Beach | Views : 5069 | Replies : 8

huntington's trail

looking for someone to show me where the hiking trail for huntington's ravine (mt. Washington, NH) goes up the ravine.

Hubby and I did this last weekend...and loved it. We look at the ravine (pictures or when driving by) and can't see where the trail goes up the ravine. I think its to the right of the "knob" that's in the middle.

Can anyone show a picture of the ravine...with this trail superimposed on it? ...
Read more : huntington's trail | Views : 2940 | Replies : 6

ADK high peaks

Hey everyone,
I am just wondering how the trail conditions are over there as of now. I plan on attempting to do all 46 in a week this upcomming month. I am not going for any records or anything, just a personal challenge that i thought would be cool. Any information about the current trail conditions and what not would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Matt
Read more : ADK high peaks | Views : 4432 | Replies : 12

Tennessee's highest point video

In case you ever wanted to see the view from Clingmans Dome, the highest point in Tennessee, but were to lazy to go there, here you go.

I am doing these climbs as part of a fundraiser, so that is why I had to mention what I do. I am not trying to collect donations, just thought someone might get a kick out of the video.

http://summitupusa.blogspot.com/2009/09 ... video.html
Read more : Tennessee's highest point video | Views : 2808 | Replies : 7

Adirondacks / water approach

When approaching a mountain in the Adirondacks on water, what SPers would advise to do with the canoe / kayak once the water part is finished and we hit the trail? We would still have about 1 mile / + 700' to hike before reaching the summit cliff...
Read more : Adirondacks / water approach | Views : 3443 | Replies : 7

katahdin question

does anyone know if its true that one must arrive by 7am to gain entrance into Baxter State Park to hike Katahdin? I've seen this on a couple websites, just looking to verify ...
Read more : katahdin question | Views : 5309 | Replies : 10

Katahdin hike in early October

Haven't hiked in years, but by October 6th we'll be heading up Mt. Katahdin in Maine. Trying to determine which trails to take (we're intermediate level at best) but love Katahdin.

Looking for trails -
weather to be prepared for
time frame of hike, etc.

Any help would be great!

Cheers,
jimmy
Read more : Katahdin hike in early October | Views : 12734 | Replies : 7

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558040 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136627