It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:03 pm

News News of Europe

Site map of Europe » Forum : Europe

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.

Best Winter Traditional Alpine Climb in Germany/Austria/Fran

Looking for suggestions for a trip during the coming weeks. What would a great winter destination be for a traditional alpine climb? Live in Germany and am looking to get out a bit...
Read more : Best Winter Traditional Alpine Climb in Germany/Austria/Fran | Views : 2325 | Replies : 2

Monchsjochhutte without train

Planning a trip to Jungfrau area early march. Will probably take the Jungfraubahn up.

I was wondering if anyone has gone up to the hut without taking the train? Or does anyone have knowledge of access routes, without taking the train, coming from the North side of the range (i.e. Grindelwald).

Any advice/info welcome.

Koen
Read more : Monchsjochhutte without train | Views : 2347 | Replies : 4

Tatra Mountains range aka Tatras

THE FIRST NON-COMMERCIAL, COMPREHENSIVE, ALL-AT-HAND TO ACT GUIDE at:

http://oqdos.com

On this guide Climbers will be able to:

‡ plan how to get to Tatras at low cost,
‡ find out the Tatras' ski touring and climbing potential and the best climbing valleys,
‡ plan a low budget mid-grade climbing trip to a quiet valley,
‡ choose the most aesthetic peaks and famous walls,
‡ select a list of ...
Read more : Tatra Mountains range aka Tatras | Views : 1589 | Replies : 5

A question for the ski mountaineers?

i read Walter Bonatti's 'Mountains of my Life' recently and i found it an inspiring book, i knew he was a great climber but hadn't fully appreciated how bold his actions were, particularly the cosidering his era, and how hardy and mentally strong this guy was.

he mentioned breifly in the book a long xc ski and climbing trip across all the european alps, and i found this in some ways more inspiring.
does anyone ...
Read more : A question for the ski mountaineers? | Views : 2577 | Replies : 10

grouping the Veneto Prealps

I can see some little confusion about grouping this wide range ...
using geographic criteria they should be, from West to East :
<li>Monti Lessini - bordered by the Val Lagarina (Adige river), the Vallorsa and the Val d'Agno
<li>Pasubio - bordered by the Val Lagarina (Adige river), the Val d'Agno and the Val d'Astico
<li>Sette Comuni (Asiago) - bordered by the Val d'Astico, the Valsugana, and the valley of river Brenta
<li>Monte Grappa - ...
Read more : grouping the Veneto Prealps | Views : 1514 | Replies : 7

easy routes around La Meije for March solo trip

are there any suitable? i realise glacier travel alone is to be avoided, and that snow conditions may make it impossible (as i dont ski) but i'd love to do a high level trek and some easy solo climbing around this area in March-April (is this getting too late, unstable snow etc?)

i thought of starting at La Berarde, heading to the Prom. hut, over the col de la Meje, and maybe along the east ...
Read more : easy routes around La Meije for March solo trip | Views : 1356 | Replies : 3

Mont Blanc

Two of us intend to climb Mont Blanc this summer. One more experienced, What is the very easiest route and how do we access guides, places to stay etc? I fuond your help for Galhopiggen saved a lot of grief!
Read more : Mont Blanc | Views : 4900 | Replies : 6

Más vale tarde que nunca

Read more : Más vale tarde que nunca | Views : 602 | Replies : 0

Best time for Mont Blanc range snow, ice and mixed routes?

A question to the SP alpine experts:

When is a good time of year to visit the Mont Blanc range to do snow, ice and mixed routes?

François Damilano’s latest Mont Blanc <i>snow, ice and mixed</i> guide book is quite inspirational and I’m thinking of basing myself in the Argentière and/or Talèfre basins for a week or two later this year to give of some of the many routes there a try.

It seems to ...
Read more : Best time for Mont Blanc range snow, ice and mixed routes? | Views : 4873 | Replies : 7

climbing in spain?

hola locos!

i am looking for infos about the climbing areas north of barcellona...buscando info sobre los areales en el norte de barcelona...
heard a lot about montsant or siurana.
i wanna go there for two weeks in april. fly to barcelona & then travel to the area by bus. my climbing level is about maximum 6c/7a, after the winter propably more like 6a, because i am no friend of indoor climbing.
- can i ...
Read more : climbing in spain? | Views : 2411 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557964 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136436