It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 3:57 am

News News of Europe

Site map of Europe » Forum : Europe

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.

Dinaric Alps

January 22nd, 2006. I have put up a new page <a href="http://www.summitpost.org/mountains/mountain_link.pl/mountain_id/6373">DINARIC ALPS</a>, covering this mountain chain. That was just "the first edition of the page" and trying to be the most accurate and informative all chapters on the page are still open for discussion and change. If you want to post your suggestions, corrections, opinions, remarks - good or bad - or start a discussion concerning the content of the page, some parts of ...
Read more : Dinaric Alps | Views : 1309 | Replies : 3

Pennine Alps page

Gabriele has set up a page about <a href="http://www.summitpost.org/show/mountain_link.pl/mountain_id/6361">Pennine Alps</A> - a big amount of work! But some items there should be discussed:

1) the name: SP is an english site, so the page IMHO should have the name Pennine Alps, not Alpi Pennini - as we did elsewhere (e.g. "Venediger Group" instead of the german "Venedigergruppe")

2) the subgroups: I think there are too much too little subgroups. We already have the eight Summit ...
Read more : Pennine Alps page | Views : 1031 | Replies : 2

Yet another Scottish windfarm threat

Yet another crazy highland mega-windfarm proposal in the pipeline. This one would spoil the views from Beinn Dearg, Fannichs, Wyvis. The non-industrialised landscape is being eaten away piece by piece; if we don't object to each and every inappropriate development proposal in turn then this simply will not stop. We need to say strong stuff to the relevant people, over and over again. And, in the longer term, seek to tighten up the planning laws ...
Read more : Yet another Scottish windfarm threat | Views : 812 | Replies : 0

Haute Route - Hut Costs?

Some friends and I are going to ski in the Alps this spring and I was curious as to what a bed costs in the Swiss huts? I know that food and alcohol is a separate item but what is the cost per night for a bed?

Thanks!
Read more : Haute Route - Hut Costs? | Views : 3862 | Replies : 5

verdon gorge

hi, would like to do a weeks climbing in verdon gorge to improve my rock climbing skills in the beginning of may but need a partner. how do i find someone please.
Read more : verdon gorge | Views : 807 | Replies : 4

Climbing in the Thalkirchen Kletterzentrum?

Hi, does anyone in Munich want to set up with me a schedule of morning climbing at the Kletterzentrum? I'd like to meet you there:

Tuesday: 7 - 9 am
Thursday: 7 - 9 am

If you are interested, send me a mail. I have a rope and draws.

I'm also looking for a partner for summertime climbs. I like (UIAA III - V+) long rock climbs in the mountains. I like moderate ice climbing, ...
Read more : Climbing in the Thalkirchen Kletterzentrum? | Views : 662 | Replies : 0

Groups in SPv2

This weekend there was a db-upload from SPv1 to SPv2. It appears that after the upload the relationships between mountain groups and their respective mountains are a bit mixed up. Part of the reason for this is that some groups cannot be identified. All of you group maintaiers please check that the name contains the words "group" or "area". Prominent examples are

Dolomites Mountains -> Dolomites Mountains Group
Alps (Eastern Part) -> Alps (Eastern Part) ...
Read more : Groups in SPv2 | Views : 580 | Replies : 2

Swiss Alps in September '06

Hi all,

I am doing several technical mountaineering courses this year in Leysin with the ISM (thanks to my Uni grant) that should give me a solid grounding in terms of skills and experience.

2 of the courses run in the first 2 weeks of September and I'm planning on staying on in Switzerland for the second half of the month (17-30th) - either for trekking or better yet to do some more climbs and ...
Read more : Swiss Alps in September '06 | Views : 1562 | Replies : 2

suggestions

bonjour!

we might be planning a trip to the French Alps this summer and I wanted to know if anyone could recommend some good peaks for a first time Alps visitor.
so far we have Mont Blanc in mind. any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,
anita
Read more : suggestions | Views : 795 | Replies : 1

Spanish Team

I've been thinking about creating this topic since some weeks ago, when the Italians created their Italian Chat while they had their Italian team already in SP. It's true that the idea came to me when the last started. And now that nikolai79 has suggested the topic, I've started it. The language will be Spanish, I'm sorry for the people who can't speak.

Well, the topic is inaugurated, let see how it runs...
Read more : Spanish Team | Views : 269868 | Replies : 1779

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557992 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136507