It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 8:39 pm

News News of Europe

Site map of Europe » Forum : Europe

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.

Western Alps Grouping Structure

I have been amused by the excitement (and insecurities) the new version of SP has evoked in many SP-members, obviously concentrating on what is most dear to us all - the potw, revenge votes, vote padding, furunculi (hehe), elves, message boards, whatever.

The one thing I have been bothering about when I first read that there would be a new version is the new - and as far as I can understand - better opportunities ...
Read more : Western Alps Grouping Structure | Views : 3085 | Replies : 12

What about a Spanish team?

Hi you all

I have seen here Italians and any others has their own space to chat about their things.

I wonder if it could be a good idea starting to exchange ideas here. Maybe we could share knowledge about an area or something. Or just giving good advices...

Also, we can find partners...
Read more : What about a Spanish team? | Views : 2022 | Replies : 0

Rock climbing and mountaineering in N. Germany

I will be moving to Hamburg at the end of the summer. I have been to a couple of rock gyms on visits and pulled on plastic, but it would suck to climb in a gym all summer. What are the best places in the area to get on rock?

Also, I know that the Harz are close, but unsure of the routes and height. Would I be better off taking a train south?

Thanks, ...
Read more : Rock climbing and mountaineering in N. Germany | Views : 4142 | Replies : 10

Bergli Hut Bernese Alps

Grüsse,

we are planning a trip to the Jungfrau area, end of february. We plan to use the winterraum of the Mönchjochhut, but if this is not available, we would use the nearby Bergli Hut.

I understand the hut should be open, and should have 20 beds available, also a stove and a supply of wood. Can anyone confirm this info or add any?

Any help is appreciated!

Koen
Read more : Bergli Hut Bernese Alps | Views : 1557 | Replies : 1

Zugspitze

Hi together,

anyone knows about the actuel conditions at the Zugsptze. I would like to got the Reintal next week.

Thanks a lot

Chris
Read more : Zugspitze | Views : 1842 | Replies : 3

Tribute to Jean Christophe Lafaille

All the evidences tell us that we have lost one of the biggest alpinist for ever. from this site my dep felt tribute to him:
He was rock climber (till 8c, 8a soloing). Later he was a great alpinist (several routes opened in Alps).
Today he was an awesome himalayist. He had already 10 8000´s, always in a great style, giving preference to this concept over the summit: New route in the Makalu II, alpine ...
Read more : Tribute to Jean Christophe Lafaille | Views : 1070 | Replies : 4

Mt Ararat

Tour Code: MAE

Mt Ararat Expedition
Agri Dag, or Ararat as it is known in the west, is at 5137m. It is the highest mountain in Turkey. It is traditional considered to be the spot where Noah’s ark came to rest after the Great Flood, and numerous expeditions have been mounted in recent years to try and find chunk of it.
Ararat is what the ancient Assyrians called the Urartian kingdom, which was centered here ...
Read more : Mt Ararat | Views : 1235 | Replies : 0

Living in Berlin - How to Train?

I'm living in Berlin and will be looking to get in shape over the next months to do my first mountaineering trip in the Alps this summer. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for weekend trips to get in shape. I took a trip south of Munich to the 'pre-alps' last fall, which was great, but I'm looking for something closer to home. Within a few hours by train. Thanks!
Read more : Living in Berlin - How to Train? | Views : 1596 | Replies : 4

4000+ers

I would like the start doing the 4000+ metre peaks in the alps. Does anyone have any recommendations? what are the hardest and easiest ones like?
Read more : 4000+ers | Views : 7734 | Replies : 21

Scarpa Freney XT - how warm?

What are users experience of these boots?
Primarily summer alpine i'd be doing but wondering if they'd be warm enough for winter alpine/icefalls?
It's the newer XTG Goretex lined model i'm looking at.
Also, are they too wide fitting for narrow/medium feet?

Thanks for any info !!
Read more : Scarpa Freney XT - how warm? | Views : 2359 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557987 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136495