It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 9:59 am

News News of Europe

Site map of Europe » Forum : Europe

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.

cosa mi ha insegnato la montagna ...

... riprendo qui alcune considerazioni fatte nell'italian chat ...
mi sembra opportuno dare un rilievo a questo argomento
Read more : cosa mi ha insegnato la montagna ... | Views : 3197 | Replies : 16

European climbing school/ guides

I will have a chance to go to Europe (from the US) the end of this summer. My friends and I are looking to go climbing. There is a wide range of skill level and we are looking for a school or a guide for about 5 days. We will have our own equiptment to do traditional type of climbing. I am open to all countries. Thanks for the help
Read more : European climbing school/ guides | Views : 1175 | Replies : 5

Current condition on Mt. Blanc area

This is a little conditions report based on a quick trip I made on the two sides. Originally I had intended to go all the way to the Leschaux, but so-so visibility and complicated glacial condition made me do an about face before the Trelaporte bend. Here's it, however (a version of this was posted also on UkClimbing.Com):

French side: there's decent snow from 1000m to around 3200m, and it's bloody FREEZING (-10° in Cham ...
Read more : Current condition on Mt. Blanc area | Views : 1207 | Replies : 1

Chamonix end of March

Might be in Chamonix for a long weekend March 30th - Apr 2nd. If i'm good my wife might let me free to play a day/half day !!
Anybody interested in some icefall climbing, maybe mixed/ice route?
Ta,
Mark
Read more : Chamonix end of March | Views : 1041 | Replies : 0

help with Alps trip

Ciao!

My appologies if this is a fequently asked question, but I'm new on this forum. My wife and I are in the early stages of planning a Europe trip for mid-July, 2006. We plan to spend two weeks in Italy/Switzerland/France and would like to split it roughly half and half between climbing/trekking and cultural travel in the Alps. The amount of information on SP is staggering and I don't even know where to start! ...
Read more : help with Alps trip | Views : 1793 | Replies : 4

Elbrus - any more demanding routes, away from the crowds?

Hi!

I am a big fan of the southern Caucasus, but might make my way to the Russian part some day, too.

Does anybody have a clue whether there are any demanding routes (AD or so, preferably skiable ice/snow routes) on Elbrus, that are also away from the crowds?
Mixed stuff and alpine D´s ARE OK too. How about NW and SW routes?

I do not care about the normal routes, but Elbrus would still ...
Read more : Elbrus - any more demanding routes, away from the crowds? | Views : 980 | Replies : 0

Best time to climb in Chamonix?

I'm planning a first climbing trip to the Alps this summer and would like some advice as to the best time, assuming I want to climb when the crowds and weather are both not so terrible. I was thinking of a month starting in the second half of August, which I realize is prime season, but perhaps the first half of September would not be so packed. Any thoughts? I'm planning moderate routes along the ...
Read more : Best time to climb in Chamonix? | Views : 11429 | Replies : 6

parnters for Mont Blanc/Bernese Alps mid July to mid Aug

I'm looking for partners for mid July to mid August to climb in the Mont Blanc massif and the Bernese Alps. I plan on avoiding most of the normal routes, so skill and confidence on big mountain rock and ice is a must (or maybe given global warming, that should read big rock and mush).
Read more : parnters for Mont Blanc/Bernese Alps mid July to mid Aug | Views : 986 | Replies : 0

Italian Chat !

Read more : Italian Chat ! | Views : 18576 | Replies : 126

avalanche transcievers

Hi, looking for advice on which avalanche transiever to buy. I have just started skiing off piste and don't want to take any risks
Read more : avalanche transcievers | Views : 3094 | Replies : 10

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557988 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136496