It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 6:07 pm

News News of Europe

Site map of Europe » Forum : Europe

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.

Vanis Couloir - Breithorn NF

Hello,
I was wondering if someone has climbed the vanis couloir to the east summit of the breithorn. It seems a beautiful, direct line to me, but is it really? I like to climb it next summer (and i have the skills and experience ;) ). The small biwak at the roccia nera seems a good starting point. However, i was wondering if the approach is still ...
Read more : Vanis Couloir - Breithorn NF | Views : 2285 | Replies : 4

Alpin climbing in Chamonix area

How is the conditions normally in November/December? I’m thinking about the North faces and ice routs. Is it to early for winter climbing ?
Read more : Alpin climbing in Chamonix area | Views : 2093 | Replies : 2

Trekking in Turkey (Aladaglar Mountains)

14 Days Trekking Holiday in Turkey for 430 Euros
Posted: Nov 30, 2005 7:16 AM Reply

Dates; 04.06.2006 - 17.06.2006

Highlights of the Trip
-Ihlara Valley, 14 km long canyon flooded by Melendiz River, once an important centre for Christianity.
-Anatolian Civilizations Museum, one of the best museums in Turkey, 1997 Best Museum of Europe Award.
-Salt Lake, the second biggest lake in Turkey, 64 % of requirements of country comes from.
-Derinkuyu Underground City; ...
Read more : Trekking in Turkey (Aladaglar Mountains) | Views : 2520 | Replies : 2

anyone from Ireland??

Hi all - I am from the US - but wife is from Swords Co Dublin - I go over once ot twice a year for a few weeks.

Looking to hook up with people (hiking/climbing whatever) for trips - backpacking, peakbagging, etc..

Don't think you get much ice there - but ice climbing as well if you do!

would love to hit some stuff in the reeks (only driven by them - what a ...
Read more : anyone from Ireland?? | Views : 1861 | Replies : 5

Eiger Climb

Can the Eiger be safely Climbed at the end of April, via the West Ridge?

Are there any major concerns to be considered?
Read more : Eiger Climb | Views : 1218 | Replies : 1

Garmisch

I will be in Garmisch, Germany from Dec. 20-Jan.2. I am looking for anybody who will be there or the surrounding area that is looking for an ice climbing partner. If anybody is interested, please send me an email.
Read more : Garmisch | Views : 740 | Replies : 0

48 Deaths on Elbrus - why?

I'm really baffled by the high number of death in/around Elbrus - 48 in the 2004 season according to Pilgrim Tours. Why are so many people dying there? I asked this question on an Elbrus forum and the reply was that many inexperienced and ill prepared people go on the mountain. Even so, it still seems a very high number of deaths and I wonder if anybody has any thoughts on the reasons for this?
Read more : 48 Deaths on Elbrus - why? | Views : 20304 | Replies : 12

Northern Germany

Does anyone know of any good places to go hiking in northern Germany in late January/early february?
Read more : Northern Germany | Views : 2667 | Replies : 8

A long traverse - anyone interested?

One of my plans for next summer is to once again head for Bezengi in the Caucasus. There are some very interesting climbs there and the one I'm the most interested in is a <a href=http://www.mountain.ru/eng/climb/2005/bezengi_travers/>long traverse of the whole Bezengi Wall.</a>
Will attempt it from the Russian side.

Interested?
Drop me a line if you are.
Read more : A long traverse - anyone interested? | Views : 2284 | Replies : 5

Slovenia

Has anyone climbed in Slovenia? What is it like in the Triglav (?) national park? Camping?

Many thanks!

Chris
Read more : Slovenia | Views : 6465 | Replies : 16

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557987 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136492