It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:57 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

Insight on climbing shoes?

Question moved to appropriate forum...
Read more : Insight on climbing shoes? | Views : 2491 | Replies : 1 | Forum : News

FS- GRIVEL G10 Crampons Need Sharpening $40 --SOLD--

Pictures coming soon. These have minor rust and need to be sharpened. I got a pair of Air Tech's and don't need these anymore.

--SOLD--
Read more : FS- GRIVEL G10 Crampons Need Sharpening $40 --SOLD-- | Views : 3023 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Gear

SP Veterinarians

So I've been thinking of going back to school, hopefully to specialize in camelid medicine. It seems to me there are a lot of llama ranches in the western Sierra where I could not only treat my favorite furries, but also be close to good rock climbing.

Any opinions on elite programs ?

:mrgreen:
Read more : SP Veterinarians | Views : 8390 | Replies : 34 | Forum : Ethics, Spray, and Slander

Mountain Hardwear ev direct 2

Hello,

Is anyone familiar with this tent: Mountain Hardwear EV direct 2
http://www.trailspace.com/gear/mountain-hardwear/ev-direct-2/ ?

It seems like a bare bones version on the ev2. It also seems like it was only produced for a short while as I can't seem to find it on the MH website. I stumbled across one for just under $300CAD. listed price 550usd can be found for about 400.

I'd be curious to hear of anyones experiences with the tent. ...
Read more : Mountain Hardwear ev direct 2 | Views : 4009 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Gear

Tent Footprints

Do you always use them? Or do you consider them unnecessary weight? Or do you only bring depending on conditions?

I've always brought one along. It seems to me that their primary function is abrasion resistance, like a liner sock. (But I don't wear liner socks).
Read more : Tent Footprints | Views : 3767 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Gear

dunno if this is good form, but...

....i just wrote my first trip report. its short, and i plan on some sequels to this with more pics (i have sadly lost most of the photos from this trip...so i apologize).

i hope you like.

http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.php?object_id=626427&confirm_post=12
Read more : dunno if this is good form, but... | Views : 2455 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Ethics, Spray, and Slander

2010 Petzl Nomics nwt

Hi, I've got a pair of Nomics that have never been swung!
I've actually got two pair... I ordered a set before a trip and they didn't come in time... Thanks www.dipsh!ts... Anyway, I bought another set because my buddy said he'd buy the ones I ordered online. Well...he didn't!
First 500 bucks takes them!
20 bucks for shipping continental
Thanks,
R
Read more : 2010 Petzl Nomics nwt | Views : 901 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Gear

Downloading Maps onto GPS

Just got a new Garmin Oregon 450t. In four weeks hiking Mt. Yale in CO and wanted to download the trail map. What are good sites to get this information and how does it compare to the 1:100 topo maps currently loaded on the Garmin. Thanks for your input.
Read more : Downloading Maps onto GPS | Views : 2147 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557954 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136418