It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 2:12 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

Cycling As Training

I've been getting back into the saddle lately, and I have a few questions about how cycling relates to hiking/climbing.
I've been building my cardiovascular fitness by running for the past few months, and I usually run five or six miles a day. I'd like to stop running, though, and do my cardio workouts on a bicycle. I know the two activities exercise different muscle groups, but I don't know how those muscle groups relate ...
Read more : Cycling As Training | Views : 59692 | Replies : 38 | Forum : Technique and Training

Second-Hand Rock Pro

I posted a similar question a few months back... but here it is again. I'm looking at buying some used climbing gear. Specifically, I'm looking at some used cams and nuts. I'm a bit wary, but things seem to be well cared for. If it were you making the purchase, how would you judge whether or not the pro was in good enough condition?
Read more : Second-Hand Rock Pro | Views : 1188 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Gear

Climb Kili for a Cause

In case summitting Africa’s tallest peak wasn’t enough of an incentive on its own, why not Climb Kilimanjaro and help build a better health system for Africa? My name is Josh and I am with the Touch Foundation, a non-profit organization working in Tanzania to address the health care crisis in sub-Saharan Africa. We work with private and public institutions to create more health care workers and facilities and provide the average Tanzanian with the ...
Read more : Climb Kili for a Cause | Views : 583 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General

Rescue cover

What is the dress of a Rescue?
What are features? A sample of it I want to prepare. Someone has to display a sample is put?
I am an aid worker and need a dress is appropriate. Waiting for projects in different clothing ...
Read more : Rescue cover | Views : 2930 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Mountain Medicine & Rescue

anybody else getting this in their inbox?

wtf is this?!?

BARRISTER RECHARD BENSON
PRINCIPAL ATTORNEY
B.P 56 KARA ROAD LOME- TOGO
Email; rechard_benson@yahoo.com

????? ????? ????? ???????? ????? ??????????? ?????

Dear: kevin Trieu

Please forgive my using this means to reach you but I cant think of any
other way of letting you know the urgent matter at hand. I acted as
personal attorney to (late) Mr.A. Trieu , who lived and worked here for
more than ...
Read more : anybody else getting this in their inbox? | Views : 6286 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Ethics, Spray, and Slander

best alpine tent for above base-camps

Hi folks, would appreciate thoughts on what is the best tent for camping above Base Camp at altitude.

Obviously, lighter the better, so thinking the BD First Light, but are there other options available that exceed this tent? Light double-skin for example? Thanks in advance!
Read more : best alpine tent for above base-camps | Views : 5084 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Gear

Hoodies? Do folks like them?

I've seen some lightweight fleece hoodies on sale, targeted at alpine climbers.

(Patagonia hooded R1, for example.)

I've not ever used any hooded garments other than outerwear.

Do folks here use/like these lightweight fleece hoodies? If so, why are they better than a regular pull-over coupled with a hat?
Read more : Hoodies? Do folks like them? | Views : 3681 | Replies : 21 | Forum : Gear

refurb the ol' sleeping bag

Hey everyone...looking for my best options as I've never done this. But I have a Sierra Designs Nitro 15 degree down bag. The down was pretty beat last time I used it so I plan on throwing her in the drier on cool with some tennis balls. But I need to do something to renew the condensation barrier. Its a really thin shell, and the last couple times nights i've used it were sleepless, cold, ...
Read more : refurb the ol' sleeping bag | Views : 662 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gear

Invernos and Intuition

Hi all,

I did search the forums for this earlier but to no avail. If there this has been answered already i apologize in advance. Here it goes:

I own invernos size 12, the fit alright (i'm a size 10.5us in runners..etc). I would like to get some intuition denali liners for my invernos but i'm not sure if i should get size 12 liner or size 11 liner. As i said above i've got ...
Read more : Invernos and Intuition | Views : 1485 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Gear

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557989 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136498