It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 10:55 pm

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

Your favorite alpine routes in the US

What are some of your favorite alpine routes in the US that you would like to share? I just started making a list of things that not only I want to do (or do again/diff route), but also to engage my nephew with a great experience (5.5-5.7 range). Especially if it has an interesting approach, mixed conditions (glacier, steep snow approach, etc., mix of scrambling/climbing). Just an overall great alpine experience...

I just started writing ...
Read more : Your favorite alpine routes in the US | Views : 4537 | Replies : 5

Sources For "High Resolution" Mt'n Photos (Asia) ?

Hello,

Trying to put together a collection of really good mountain photos for my
new Mac to use as a Screensaver.
Mainly interested in Nepal, Tibet, Himalayas and Karakorum areas in general, etc.

Zillions available for free downloading, but most are
not really "high-resolution," and when splashed across the Mac's screen
don't look all that impressive.

Anyone know of a good source(s) for high resolution mountain photos ?

Thanks,
Bob
Read more : Sources For "High Resolution" Mt'n Photos (Asia) ? | Views : 2298 | Replies : 1

Partner for "Drift peak"colorado

Seeing if anyone would like to partner up and hit drift peak villa ridge this sunday the 13th?
Read more : Partner for "Drift peak"colorado | Views : 1990 | Replies : 0

Rappelling with 8mm Static rope QUESTION

Hello, I'm going on a few backpacking trips in the mountains next year. I am looking at possibly taking some rappelling rope with me. I'd like to carry at least 80-100 feet of it. Not planning on doing any climbing or anything like that. I just wanted to have the rope with me for an emergency rappel if I had too. I thought maybe 8mm would be big enough If I was using my body ...
Read more : Rappelling with 8mm Static rope QUESTION | Views : 18066 | Replies : 10

Looking for advices: Colorado Rockies Looking for advices: Colorado Rockies

Hello, we're a party of two French-Canadian climbers that would like to climb in Colorado Rockies in either spring or early summer 2019 for a approximately a two weeks trip. However we had never climbed in US Rockies and would like to get some advices/tips on best suggested summit & routes, and suggested time of year for best climbing. we're from Canada, so we enjoy ice/snow route (don't mind if there is rock climbing as ...
Read more : Looking for advices: Colorado Rockies | Views : 3549 | Replies : 4

Don't get fookin' lost, folks (!) ...

http://time.com/5487637/interior-department-national-parks-shutdown/

"If someone falls, gets lost, or has any issue in a National Park or wildlife refuge, they’re on their own."

— Tim Fullerton (@TimFullerton) December 22, 2018

This especially goes out to the Pacific NW folks ... be extra-careful on Hood and Rainier ... and maybe Shasta but you California dudes seem to know what you're doing .... :wink:

Read more : Don't get fookin' lost, folks (!) ... | Views : 3605 | Replies : 3

Happy Christmas!

May I wish you all a very Happy Christmas!

I hope that you enjoy the Christmas holiday and have fun.
Read more : Happy Christmas! | Views : 3001 | Replies : 2

Trekking vs Hiking

Hello,

I will try to keep it short and simple.

As I understand, trekking is a term used for long distance backpacking in the wild. Hiking is a term for daily walking in the nature (ok, I understand it doesn't always have to be "nature" but that's not my point).

I am trying to write an article about trekking in Turkish language. But at the moment I am confused between trekking and hiking.

You don't ...
Read more : Trekking vs Hiking | Views : 3910 | Replies : 3

Machete recommendations

I have to replace my machete. Have had it for 30+ years. Can't find any brand name on it. There are hundreds out there. looking for a suggestion for a replacement, not stainless steel, overall length (including handle) in the 22" range.
Read more : Machete recommendations | Views : 4322 | Replies : 6

world map with over 500 mountains - concept review

Hi everyone,

I'm with a small design company and we recently published a large, printed wall map of the “Mountains of the Earth”. The map displays over 500 mountains on all continents. We are very curious to hear what you think of our map concept.

All mountain markers on the map are colored by altitude level.
$matches

We use different mountain icons for peaks under 1,000 meters and for ultra-prominent summits. ...
Read more : world map with over 500 mountains - concept review | Views : 4796 | Replies : 8

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558003 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136528