It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:15 pm

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

Harness for 4 year old

Hello I'm a Australian living in Germany in the mountains, we go hiking regularly with our 4 year old he has been hiking for a year now and can hike 3-5 hours actually he runs up mountains and has been up to 1800mts. We just brought a gondola pass that give us access to 20 gondolas in the area so now we are going from peak to peak, now our son is a runner and ...
Read more : Harness for 4 year old | Views : 4382 | Replies : 3

Urgent - need size uk 15/ US 16 mountaineering boots

Im heading off to climb cotopaxi and chimborazo in december and i cant find any boots in my size. Does anyone know where i can find size uk 15 / US 16 / EUR 51?

Even if its second hand i dont care.
Read more : Urgent - need size uk 15/ US 16 mountaineering boots | Views : 1979 | Replies : 0

Bouldering Gym in Bali

Hi guys,
I am going to Bali for few weeks, is any of you have heard of a good climbing or bouldering gym there?
I can also be interested for natural excursions.
The informations i have found online are pretty poor.

Thank you in advance for your reply
Read more : Bouldering Gym in Bali | Views : 2183 | Replies : 1

looking at views from atop peaks?

Peakbaggers after reaching the top of peaks, how much time generally if any, do you spend looking out at whatever views? And how do you do so?

Of course after a strenuous effort one may need to rest for a period before descending, eating lunch, dealing with clothing and gear, scribbling something into a summit register, so am not referring to those minutes but rather the amount of enjoying whatever view, taking photographs of ...
Read more : looking at views from atop peaks? | Views : 4804 | Replies : 4

The Dawn Wall - A Review

Got back into blogging and found something positive to talk about. Appreciate the read, folks!

http://www.foodwaterattention.com/feed/ ... l-a-review
Read more : The Dawn Wall - A Review | Views : 2027 | Replies : 0

Body of M'sian climber found in Iran's Damavand peak after o

SARI: The body of a Malaysian climber has been found a year after he went missing while ascending Damavand peak in northern Iran, according to Iranian news.... continue reading on https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2017 ... r-one-year
Read more : Body of M'sian climber found in Iran's Damavand peak after o | Views : 1882 | Replies : 0

Intro from a new guy

Hi, everyone! Not sure if anyone had done this already, so I just made this thread for new guys like me to create an intro. Anyway, newbie here. I'm glad to have found this great online hiking and mountaineering community. I know I'll learn a lot from here. Whenever I'm taking a break from this particular interest, I'm usually found at home, treating my Pomeranian to his nylabone and watching TV with my wife. Such ...
Read more : Intro from a new guy | Views : 3807 | Replies : 2

Rockclimbing.com Forum Question

Sorry to bring up another forum here but it would seem that the rockclimbing.com forum is not moderated anymore? I've tried to setup an account but their site registration page is broken and no response to email messages. Would anybody be cool to post a topic for me there if they have an account, it's timesensitive? Or have any insight into what is up.

Thanks,
Eric
Read more : Rockclimbing.com Forum Question | Views : 2089 | Replies : 1

Bringing A Newbie On A Winter Climb But Where?

Hey All,

Its been a while since I have really posted here at all but when I started to have the idea about bringing my nephew up a mountain I though this would be the perfect place to start devising a plan. He is in college now and a varsity football player, so very fit and agile. He has almost zero technical climbing experience but has been up a few walls.

I would like to ...
Read more : Bringing A Newbie On A Winter Climb But Where? | Views : 2171 | Replies : 1

Rock Climbing Experience With My Four Year Old | Joon Ma

Since having my son four years ago, the number of days I’ve spent climbing every year has dropped precipitously—from over 100 days at one point to zero. Climbing has always been one of my favorite things to do with my husband, but these days we’ve substituted playdates and picnics in the park for mountain adventures. Not a bad trade—but still, I’ve missed climbing. Living in New York City and working a demanding job made me ...
Read more : Rock Climbing Experience With My Four Year Old | Joon Ma | Views : 3396 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558041 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136627