It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 6:07 am

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

Tetons, Glacier, North Cascades, Olympic, ETC

I will be leaving Pittsburgh mid august with a good friend to hitch around and climb for no determined amount of time, i assume it will be at least untill the spring. From Pittsburgh we will go through chicago then out to the tetons on 90 stopping at the badlands, the black hills. etc from the tetons north to the anaconda range then glacier, north cascades, Orcas Island, Olympic NP, rainier, mt adams, Columbia river ...
Read more : Tetons, Glacier, North Cascades, Olympic, ETC | Views : 1705 | Replies : 3

Happy Birthday Francek!

He is my hero. We did El cap together back in the early eighties. What a guy!
Read more : Happy Birthday Francek! | Views : 1168 | Replies : 1

3rd Party Opinion on Summit Post & Mount Shasta Accident

Has anyone else come across this?
http://www.informativesports.com/Other/0410/Shasta.htm

I am not going to go into detail of why this article upsets me, but I thought I should share this third parties opinion with my "community".

Also, it seems this guy must like the photos that are shared here on SP, but cannot give credit where credit is due.
http://www.summitpost.org/image/185521/150522/east-summit-view.html
Read more : 3rd Party Opinion on Summit Post & Mount Shasta Accident | Views : 20298 | Replies : 78

Crag Antics

So I had an experience the other day and I am just curious to see how other SP members would have responded.

I was at a local crag that I frequent about once a week. This crag is right near a highway and road noise is a problem with communicating with the top of the crag. Hence it has become the practice to leave some gear, a pack or whatever, at the base of the ...
Read more : Crag Antics | Views : 3901 | Replies : 26

summitpost

ok ..anyone please..tell me why is it that i cant find my own post..just would like to confirm it's out there.....brrrrrr :oops:
Read more : summitpost | Views : 2389 | Replies : 2

Elisabeth Hawley

Who will follow the job that Liz Hawley started in 1963 with her Himalayan Database when she leaves :?: I know that she has three assistants, one of them new. But are Eberhard Jurgalski and Xavier Eguskitza doing the same :?:

Biography Miss Elizabeth Hawley.

http://www.himalayandatabase.com/
Read more : Elisabeth Hawley | Views : 1385 | Replies : 4

Favorite National Parks

I'm up in Montana right now and right outside the border of Glacier National Park. From the distance, mountains still covered in snow stick out over the smaller hills on the border of the park. As you drive in, massive big walls stick out over the trees and snow covered peaks loom over the road. I've never really been in an area like this, living in New England, and I found it spectacular. The roads ...
Read more : Favorite National Parks | Views : 52138 | Replies : 206

Mountain Page Vote/You Haven't Hiked Yet

I have only voted on a Mountain/Rock Page or a Route Page on a few occasions when I haven't actually been there yet. Seems that to have a real vote, you should have climbed the peak or used the route first. Your thoughts?
Read more : Mountain Page Vote/You Haven't Hiked Yet | Views : 4533 | Replies : 32

White Mountain Exercise Study

I'm a medical student working with Dr. Gary Foster at the Loma Linda VA Hospital. We are working on a research project that is looking at the effect of a novel preconditioning treatment on exercise performance at altitude. We are looking for participants to run (complete as quickly as possible) a 7.5 mile trail to the peak of White Mountain (14,252ft). Two trips to the mountain will be required and transportation will be provided. Any ...
Read more : White Mountain Exercise Study | Views : 1506 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558021 • Total topics 55844 • Total members 136596