It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 2:16 am

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

Ice Axe found on South Maroon

To the climber descending bell cord couloir, we did find the ice axe you lost. If you send an email to jmhasse01@gmail.com describing the axe and giving a shipping address, I'll happily send it back to you.
Read more : Ice Axe found on South Maroon | Views : 1971 | Replies : 2

Photo files, climbing and other - how do you organize

Only vaguely related to climbing, but how do you guys organize your digital photos? For my actual printed photos, I've had them by subject, then by date (e.g., a shoebox of climbing photos, envelopes of oldest in back, going forward in time, a box of family photos, friends, vacations, etc.).

Not sure if this is the best way for digital files or not. Maybe by year, then subject within that year. Thoughts from the collective?
Read more : Photo files, climbing and other - how do you organize | Views : 3530 | Replies : 15

Climbing during Thanksgiving

Are there any places in the lower 48 that are good for climbing/hiking in Late November? Rockies/Cascades/Sierras? I am looking for either Hiking or Stable snow routes. I know snow in Colorado ROckies is very unstable in November. I am not sure about northern rockies and other ranges mentioned above. Any information would be really helpful.

Thanks!

Ash
Read more : Climbing during Thanksgiving | Views : 4399 | Replies : 12

accident report on whodunit on Tahquitz today? anyone know

we watch the heli spin around and around and also offered assistance to a large group of volunteer firefighters, gave them directions and headed down as we decided there were too many people already
Read more : accident report on whodunit on Tahquitz today? anyone know | Views : 1360 | Replies : 0

Bi-lingual pages

I'm planning on creating a page for a mountain in Guatemala. I'm wondering if there is precedence for bi-lingual pages, and if that is encouraged or discouraged. I'm a native English speaker, but speak Spanish close to fluently (I live in Guatemala.)
Any input appreciated.
Peace,
Tim
Read more : Bi-lingual pages | Views : 2441 | Replies : 9

How has Climbing Changed You?

Hello everybody,

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but quite recently my school has been considering building a climbing wall. I would personally love this, as I could now walk literally 50 feet, rope up and climb after classes, in the evenings, etc... however the dean of athletics is quite against this due to liability reasons. I've talked to a number of other climbers here, and we've decided to compile a letter explaining ...
Read more : How has Climbing Changed You? | Views : 7048 | Replies : 25

flying w/ backpack

maybe this is a weird question...

were going to be flying soon and i wonder if it will be a problem to pack in my backpack (3500 ci, but won't be that full) and take it as carry on ? the external pockets and straps and cinches won't be problem will they ?
Read more : flying w/ backpack | Views : 4557 | Replies : 13

How to rate friction climbs?

Two weekends ago I had only my second climbing experience on routes that have been rated. Prior to that, all of my ascents have been free climbs on backcounty Adk slides which I merely assumed topped off at Class 4. Based on the rated routes I recently climbed, I now realize that some of these slide pitches have been low to mid Class 5. I also realize there is a big difference between a 5.4 ...
Read more : How to rate friction climbs? | Views : 2223 | Replies : 5

REAL CLIMBERS....

These two are my second cup of coffee every frkn day.

Single, they are some of the Best REAL CLIMBERS today. Together, they truly are the best climbing partnership out there. They do it all...anywhere... anytime!

Enjoy!

HUBERBUAM!

PS... Please take note at what shoes/boots they are climbing 5.11+ in. Unfkingbelievable!
Read more : REAL CLIMBERS.... | Views : 9120 | Replies : 23

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558014 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136574