It is currently Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:59 am

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

What delimitates a mountain range ?

I'm rising this topic because the same question comes back for a couple of mountain ranges.
What factors should be considered ?
- Topography ?
- Hydrography ?
- Geology ?
- Culture ?
Apparently none of these fulfill all conditions, and it looks like only a mix of all of them can make a good consensus.
What do you think ?
Read more : What delimitates a mountain range ? | Views : 1258 | Replies : 1

Old Climbers and the routes they climb

Does anyone out there know of any older climbers (70's or 80's or?) and the routes they are capable of? Maybe there are some here on SP.
Read more : Old Climbers and the routes they climb | Views : 7416 | Replies : 30

Old axe i picked up on fleabay

Seller told me it was from turn of the century and he got it from an antique shop in Switzerland. He said it was a military man's axe, "AZ" bearing his initials. Can anyone who knows more than me confirm the age/authenticity? It looks like the original sling material on it. Makes a great conversation piece in my office!

Image :)
Read more : Old axe i picked up on fleabay | Views : 9366 | Replies : 18

Gear Closets...Let's see 'em

Mine is a freaking mess. This is a frequent source of contention with the female counterpart

Read more : Gear Closets...Let's see 'em | Views : 34221 | Replies : 128

unmoderated hardcore music thread

Heres some videos of me playing in Crowd Deterrent. cd release show for our split with Creepout from japan. Taken in Cleveland, a lot of friends traveled from all over to it. They've ben around since 97. I've been in them for a few years. they wanna tour japan again and germany but i won't have the money probaly to go out. in these first few videos i'm playing bass with a NC b-ball jersey. ...
Read more : unmoderated hardcore music thread | Views : 3382 | Replies : 15

The Kurt Diemberger Omnibus

I've found a copy of this book in a second hand shop.

I'm kinda low on cash atm, so my question to you: is it really worth reading?
Read more : The Kurt Diemberger Omnibus | Views : 1231 | Replies : 0

Great TR

What this member did strikes me as the essence of mountaineering: http://www.summitpost.org/trip-report/570647/third-expedition-to-mount-sir-alexander-success-and-epic.html.

There are also a lot of great photographs that go with the climb; it would be nice to see something like them featured on the front page.
Read more : Great TR | Views : 5080 | Replies : 11

Video from Ice climbing festival in Iceland 2009

Heya

Me and Róbert have been putting to gether clips from the ice climbing festival in Iceland 2009.
This year it was in the West fjords in a valley called Bíldudalur

Here is the video:

http://vimeo.com/7424231

Next years festival 2010 will be in the SE part of Iceland

More info on :
http://isalp.is/component/eventlist/det ... tival.html

Ási
Read more : Video from Ice climbing festival in Iceland 2009 | Views : 1199 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558046 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136634