It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 12:07 am

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

Great TR

What this member did strikes me as the essence of mountaineering: http://www.summitpost.org/trip-report/570647/third-expedition-to-mount-sir-alexander-success-and-epic.html.

There are also a lot of great photographs that go with the climb; it would be nice to see something like them featured on the front page.
Read more : Great TR | Views : 4948 | Replies : 11

Video from Ice climbing festival in Iceland 2009

Heya

Me and Róbert have been putting to gether clips from the ice climbing festival in Iceland 2009.
This year it was in the West fjords in a valley called Bíldudalur

Here is the video:

http://vimeo.com/7424231

Next years festival 2010 will be in the SE part of Iceland

More info on :
http://isalp.is/component/eventlist/det ... tival.html

Ási
Read more : Video from Ice climbing festival in Iceland 2009 | Views : 1186 | Replies : 0

Up Loading Photos

I'm in the middle of the long process of uploading some photos of my trip last summer. Is there a faster way than just doing it one by one?
Read more : Up Loading Photos | Views : 1808 | Replies : 2

prodeals

is there a way to easily get them? my dad worked a couple courses for OB and got a prodeal on Arcterex for a while, but he stopped.
do you have to work for OB or at a gear shop to get good deals on gear?
Read more : prodeals | Views : 17486 | Replies : 15

Summit on the Summit

Check out the latest banner ad running at the top of most SP pages; Summit on the Summit.

There's an interesting cast of performers, including Jessica Biel, going to climb Kilimanjaro to raise awareness and money for global clean water. So, where do I sign up for this trip?!
Read more : Summit on the Summit | Views : 10149 | Replies : 20

New Mallory Documentary

The Oct. 31 st New York Times has an article about the making of "The Wildest Dream" ,a new documentery film for conventional and IMAX screens about George Mallory's 1924 Mount Everest expedition. The documentary has Conrad Anker and Leo Houlding climbing the Second Step with antique gear as well as some previously unscreened original footage from the 1924 expedition. It is supposed to be released next April.
Read more : New Mallory Documentary | Views : 2047 | Replies : 1

question for a young female perspective

I have a coworker (25yr old female) who is going in for surgery and will be off her feet for a while. I always figure (ok, I'm an old guy) that when I have forced rest, catching up on reading is not a bad thing.

What would be interesting (reading wise)for a young female who while not a climber per se (ok she does a little bit) is an adventurer (white water rafter, skier, trail ...
Read more : question for a young female perspective | Views : 10829 | Replies : 43

Suicide Chute 10/25/2009

This was a short but steep afternoon leg burner. At the car, the weather was great. As we headed up the loose talus field toward the chute, I wondered if I had over dressed for the occasion.

The Nicks. SP member BigNick, and his son Little Nick, headin' for the chute.

At the base of the chute, we had to navigate a steep, wet rocky section.

BigNick working his way to the top. ...
Read more : Suicide Chute 10/25/2009 | Views : 2099 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557966 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136443