Suicide Chute 10/25/2009

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.
HighontheRocks

Suicide Chute 10/25/2009

by HighontheRocks » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:53 am

This was a short but steep afternoon leg burner. At the car, the weather was great. As we headed up the loose talus field toward the chute, I wondered if I had over dressed for the occasion.

The Nicks. SP member BigNick, and his son Little Nick, headin' for the chute.

At the base of the chute, we had to navigate a steep, wet rocky section.

BigNick working his way to the top.

Me not far behind.

Me and Nick.

The Nicks.

The View from the top. Looking towards Alta. I was very glad I over dressed by this point. It got cold quick, and the wind wasn't helping.

Nick, leading the decent.

Almost done.

It was a fantastic day climbing. I've know the Nicks for most of my life, yet this was the first time we all went climbing. BigNick has alot of experience in the mountains. It was fun to learn things from him as we hiked. I've been out hiking every weekend for the past year or so. However, this was a first for me. I had been to the top of a few peaks, but nothing that required crampons and an axe. I'm pretty sure I'm addicted, and I'm OK with it. There are worse things I could have chosen.

Not all addictions produce a day like this. It was a fantastic day.

TyeDyeTwins

Future Avalanches

by TyeDyeTwins » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:27 pm

Way to get out there and get it done. As a backcountry skier I am worried to see some snow still left over in there. With an indian summer sure to come it looks like there will be enough rotting snow that the avalanche conditions will be a major concern in a month or so. Next time your up there take a shovel and remove the snow from the release zone (ya that is like the whole thing) so that we can ski this one "avy free" in December. See you all on Mt Superior this winter.

no avatar
marauders

by marauders » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:12 am

Ah, fine pics. I love it. Thanks for posting.

Return to General