It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:50 pm

News News of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Site map of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean » Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Mexico Climbing Partners section.

Orizaba Hut

What is the latest consensus on security of belongings while on the climb? Do I hide the duffel bag outside or just lock it up with a cable lock and zip ties inside?

Any snow/ice report from up top?

thx
Read more : Orizaba Hut | Views : 3471 | Replies : 4

reservations for orizaba

This is my first time down to climb in this part of mexico. Do I need to make hotel reservations and reservations for transportation to base camp. I am leaving in the last week of feb.

Thanks Matt
Read more : reservations for orizaba | Views : 2987 | Replies : 6

Climbing in Cuba

Hi everyone,

I'm planning a trip to Cuba in the beginning of March. During my fly&drive I want to climb 2 or 3 days in Viñales. Does anyone know if there are some climbing schools that rent gear or maybe have local guides?

I checked the www.cubaclimbing.com website but could not find this info there.

Any suggestions or addresses are more than welcome.

Regards,
Olaf
Read more : Climbing in Cuba | Views : 1999 | Replies : 0

Nevado de Toluca TR

We just returned from a Mexican climbing trip that included great weather, wonderful food, and a ton of very friendly people. While enjoying the Mexican hospitality we also climbed Nevado de Toluca, Izta, and Pico de Orizaba. I posted a trip report for Nevado de Toluca http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.php?object_id=259825&confirm_post=7 and hopefully as time becomes available I'll post a TR for the Ayoloco Glacier route that we took on Izta.
Read more : Nevado de Toluca TR | Views : 1785 | Replies : 0

More Techinal Routes on Orizaba

Does anyone know anything about any of the following routes on Orizaba?
East Glacier
Carro Del Muerto
Serpent's Head

I haven't been able to find much literature on these and didn't know if anyone had ever been on these, thank you.
Read more : More Techinal Routes on Orizaba | Views : 2682 | Replies : 3

Orizaba in mid-February?

If you'll be on Orizaba in mid February and you want to meet up, PM me or email me at xjoker44x@hotmail.com. My girlfriend and I arrive on the 14th.

Cheers.
Read more : Orizaba in mid-February? | Views : 1983 | Replies : 0

British Virgin Islands/Jost Van Dyke island

Anyone been to JVD ? Or to Ivans campground at white bay?
Read more : British Virgin Islands/Jost Van Dyke island | Views : 1372 | Replies : 2

Izta Permits if coming from Puebla

Does anybody know if you still need a free climbing permit to get to La Joya if coming from the Puebla side? If so, can you get one w/o going all the way to Amecameca? We are trying to go directly to La Joya from Puebla if at all possible.

Any advice would be appreciated!
Read more : Izta Permits if coming from Puebla | Views : 2865 | Replies : 2

Pro on Orizaba

Does anyone suggest any pro (pickets or screws) for the glacier on Orizaba?
Read more : Pro on Orizaba | Views : 4198 | Replies : 10

Izta: Glacier de Ayoloco

I'm heading to Mexico for some climbing in about 10 days, and our plan includes climbing Izta via the Glacier de Ayoloco route. My partners and I have had a lot of discussion about the route and necessary gear. Will snow/ice protection be necessary? How is the Ayoloco hut? How's the hike in to the hut? Any information concerning the route would be appreciated, as I've only been able to find a few trip reports. ...
Read more : Izta: Glacier de Ayoloco | Views : 2593 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557956 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136427