It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:46 pm

News News of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Site map of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean » Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Mexico Climbing Partners section.

Anyone headed to climb Pico this weekend?

I have a week off wondering if anyone is headed to Mexico City this weekend.
Read more : Anyone headed to climb Pico this weekend? | Views : 1645 | Replies : 0

Hotel Gerar

Does anyone have the contact information for Hotel Gerar? Thanks.
Read more : Hotel Gerar | Views : 2286 | Replies : 3

Wish me luck- Any last minute advice?

I leave for Mexico this evening to climb the "Trilogy", and have a hotel reserved in Mexico City. I'm meeting my cllimbing partner, who might still be on crutches after a soccer accident. (He says he'll be able to climb). After a night or 2 in Mexico City, I'm winging it. Our plan is to climb Nevado de Toluca first. Is there a decent hotel in Toluca or somewhere near there that will let me ...
Read more : Wish me luck- Any last minute advice? | Views : 4357 | Replies : 13

Conditions on Orizaba?

Since there are people coming back from their trips to Mexico volcanoes, it is time to inquire the conditions there (I suppose). Please, post your short notes here as well any tips that you consider necessary (travel et al) Or at least drop a note when the new summit log entry is posted.
Thank you. :?:
Read more : Conditions on Orizaba? | Views : 11231 | Replies : 34

Where to find fuel and supplies?

I'm travelling down to Mexico to climb the "Trilogy"- Nevado de Toluca, Ixta, and Orizaba. I've decided to go with the Jetboil and pocket rocket for stoves, and need to know where I can buy fuel cannisters down there in Mexico. I was hoping to not have to go too far out of the way in order to re-supply. We'll need to pick some up after we get down from Nevado de Toluca- before Ixta. ...
Read more : Where to find fuel and supplies? | Views : 9989 | Replies : 7

Maps for Mexican Volcanoes

Where is the best place to order Topos for the Mexican Volcanoes?

Thanks!

Dave
Read more : Maps for Mexican Volcanoes | Views : 4470 | Replies : 10

Your Opinion wanted: A good hotel in Mexico City?

I'm flying into Mexico City to climb the volcanos, and need some travel tips. Which area of the city would be best to stay in? Do you know of a good hotel?
What experiences have you had?
Read more : Your Opinion wanted: A good hotel in Mexico City? | Views : 2840 | Replies : 4

Minimum Time Needed for an Orizaba Trip?

You might be able to do it in four days but that sounds like an awful trip. I think it's better to go down there when you have a little time to enjoy the place. There's a great market in Tlachichuca on sundays.
Read more : Minimum Time Needed for an Orizaba Trip? | Views : 2797 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557956 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136427