It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 1:25 am

News News of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Site map of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean » Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Mexico Climbing Partners section.

strolling

can you just a walk right into Mexico? Say, from, some strange place in the desert?
Read more : strolling | Views : 2144 | Replies : 4

4x4 road to the Orizaba Hut

Wanted to get a consensus on the condition of the road to the Orizaba hut. My group and I are considering renting an SUV at the Mexico City airport and driving instead of dealing with other transportation. If we do this we were also going to fit some time in at Veracruz to soak up the beach after the climb for a few days. First, what condition is the road compared to some of the ...
Read more : 4x4 road to the Orizaba Hut | Views : 4063 | Replies : 8

Nicaragua Volcanoes During the Rainy Season???

I’ll be in Nicaragua in July (12-22). I was hoping to tick off a volcano or two. Are Concepción, Momotombo, Telica, or San Cristóbal feasible climbs during the rainy season???

I have been looking for some information on routes, seasons, etc, but have not been able to find much except basic descriptions.

Any advice or recommended reading is welcome.

Thanks!!
Read more : Nicaragua Volcanoes During the Rainy Season??? | Views : 1631 | Replies : 0

itza/orizaba weather

we were wondering what to expect weatherwise for late march climbs of itza and orizaba. would it be comparable to winter in colorado? warmer because it's more tropical? or colder because of the altitude? also, is there a site, like NOAA, where i monitor it? XPMexico isn't much help there at all.

jamie
Read more : itza/orizaba weather | Views : 2055 | Replies : 1

Amecameca Info

Amecameca Info:

In view of the regular queries here is some info gleaned from my recent visits. Obvioulsy you may find things a little different, if I’ve made mistakes let me know, but it should give a general idea of things:

1/ Getting there.

Buses go from Mexico City’s TAPO bus station. This is near the airport. Two bus lines go there; Sur and Volcanes. Tickets cost 20 pesos (about 2 dollars) each way. ...
Read more : Amecameca Info | Views : 4188 | Replies : 1

USVI and PR Highpoints

Has anyone been to the top of Cerro Punta or Crown Mountain, the highpoints of Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands? I'm heading there next week and planning on toting the family along to some tropical highpoints. The info I have makes them both sound straightforward. Just wondering if there are any access issues I need to consider.
Read more : USVI and PR Highpoints | Views : 1924 | Replies : 5

mexico city hotels

does anyone know of an inexpensive hotel near(hopefully across the street) the mexico city airport? we are arriving in mexico city around 10:30pm and aren't expecting the buses to be running that late. the lowest price we found on the web so far is ~$90/night. does anyone know of a better deal?

jamie
Read more : mexico city hotels | Views : 3569 | Replies : 6

SP folks in Monterrey, Mexico?

Hi folks,

I'll be in Monterrey next week (2/26-3/1) for a gig and I'll have afternoons free to explore, if someone's willing to show me the crags. I've been dying to climb La Silla for years. PM me if you're interested.

-Heather
Read more : SP folks in Monterrey, Mexico? | Views : 1567 | Replies : 0

hi I'm looking for guide for pico de orizaba

Hi guys please send to me info to mag_mx@yahoo.com
Read more : hi I'm looking for guide for pico de orizaba | Views : 2831 | Replies : 1

mexican volcanoes planning

we're attempting to put together a last minute trip to climb ixta and orizaba in march. does anyone have any recommendations of good places to stay and companies to use to get to the trailheads which aren't too expensive?

also, what about sierra negra? i'd like to climb since it's a 15er and right next to orizaba. unfortunately, it's on the other side from piedra grande. has anyone climbed the two together and have a ...
Read more : mexican volcanoes planning | Views : 7123 | Replies : 17

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557990 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136504