It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:05 pm

News News of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Site map of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean » Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Mexico Climbing Partners section.

Mexican Volcanoes SP page

Read more : Mexican Volcanoes SP page | Views : 2451 | Replies : 1

Ixta/Orizaba Partners March 26-31

Hi, I'm planning on soloing Ixta and if that goes well, then Orizaba from March 26-31. However, I would really prefer to have a partner. Anyone interested? I'll be in Mexico City from March 20 and plan on doing Nevada del Toluca for acclimatization. I'm not super experienced, but I am comfortable with crampons, ice axe, and glacier travel.
Troy
Read more : Ixta/Orizaba Partners March 26-31 | Views : 2245 | Replies : 1

Message deleted by author

Message deleted by author
Read more : Message deleted by author | Views : 1439 | Replies : 1

any suggestions of where to stay in Toluca? and the hike?

hi! going to Mexico this sunday and would like to ask if there any cheaper place to stay in Toluca? and is it safe for a single girl to hike at nevado de toluca? and does the state hut open everyday and am i able to bring something to cook there? or just have to bring dry food?
hopefully someone can give me more info about this. thanks
Lynn
Read more : any suggestions of where to stay in Toluca? and the hike? | Views : 1877 | Replies : 1

Orizaba high camp

Is there the option to set up high camp after the labyrinth or are all the spots before it?
Thanks
Read more : Orizaba high camp | Views : 1461 | Replies : 2

Picacho Del Diablo - Water Conditions & Regional Beta

I'm in the process of planning a trip to climb Picacho Del Diablo at the end of March and am looking for an update on the current water situation in Parque Nacional San Pedro Martyr, specifically Canon Del Diablo and the surrounding mountains. Considering the extremely dry winter the southwest has experienced, we're wondering how much water will be available for filtering.

Also, does anybody have any beta on the surrounding eastern canyon approaches? We ...
Read more : Picacho Del Diablo - Water Conditions & Regional Beta | Views : 2328 | Replies : 0

Pico de Orizaba equipment ?

Does anyone have experience with, or advice concerning aluminum crampons on the glacier? My wife (130lbs.) has a pair of Grivel aluminum 12 points. They have served well on Colorado spring snow climbs, and she like the idea of the lower weight.
Reading trip reports on Orizaba in late Feb we see a wide range of beta on the ice conditions. We plan to summit on Feb 16th. "Si Dios quiere"
Thanks
Martin
Read more : Pico de Orizaba equipment ? | Views : 4037 | Replies : 6

Ixta Partners March 28-31

I'm planning on visiting a friend in Mexico City probably from March 20-27. I'd like to climb Ixta following that if I can find a partner. I think this time of the year is approaching pretty close to the wet season, but I'd like to give it a go if conditions seem safe.
Read more : Ixta Partners March 28-31 | Views : 2610 | Replies : 6

Tlachichuca lodging

Hey there,

Anyone know how to get to the Canchola's or to Senor Reyes' place once in Tlachichuca?

Woodie
Read more : Tlachichuca lodging | Views : 2590 | Replies : 11

Hike/Peak near PV

My wife and I are going to be spending week in Puerto Vallarta this March. I have found a few cool waterfall hikes and beach hikes, but nothing with elevation. Any suggestions?

Any thoughts will be appreciated.
Read more : Hike/Peak near PV | Views : 1362 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557956 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136425