It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 8:26 pm

News News of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Site map of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean » Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Mexico Climbing Partners section.

northern Mexico

Thinking about doing Guadalupe Peak in Texas and then maybe crossing the border into Mexico on a trip. Don't know anything anout mountains in Mexico. Trip might be the end of December if it happens. Any suggestions on what to check out?
Read more : northern Mexico | Views : 6268 | Replies : 13

My Gear List for Mexican Volcanoes and other details...help

Hi, I have been bitten by the mountain bug and am planning to go to Mexico to Climb Iztaccihuatl and Orizaba and hopefully La Malinche and if time permits Nevado de Toluca. I am rather new to this forum community but find it an awesome resource already!

I am an avid mountain biker (and occasional road biker) I have participated in a few XC Racing seasons and also in several 12h and 24h events. Right ...
Read more : My Gear List for Mexican Volcanoes and other details...help | Views : 7017 | Replies : 18

Orizaba skiing!

Three of us dumb gringos will be heading to Mexico to try to ride off Orizaba. Currently we have two telemarkers and one boarder.
The real question is:
If Amanda makes it up and skis it, will she be the first deaf woman to telemark ski Orizaba?
We'll have her turn off her hearing aids, because it will just make her nervous if she hears what we say.
We could potentially have a few folks ...
Read more : Orizaba skiing! | Views : 2000 | Replies : 1

Orizaba Summit Cross Pictures?

Does anyone have link to a picture of the crosses on Orizaba's summit when they were still upright or somewhat so? I think I have seen a picture of it before but can't find it now. I have seen this one

but it only shows one cross. The rest was added later?
Read more : Orizaba Summit Cross Pictures? | Views : 3787 | Replies : 3

i have a friend who is interested in climbing ixta and

orizaba...i climbed them in 2007, but he asked me if i knew the altitude of the hut that you sleep in on ixta. not the orizaba hut but the ixta hut. i dont remember. any help woudl be cool. i am talking about the alsomounti hut or however you spell it.
Read more : i have a friend who is interested in climbing ixta and | Views : 3551 | Replies : 6

Climbing partners needed for Spantik Pakistan in 2010

I am looking into doing the Spangtik climbing next June/July. I was hoping for some advice about the best way to go.

Anyone interested to join this expedition to share the cost.
Thanks, any comments or advice are much appreciated
Read more : Climbing partners needed for Spantik Pakistan in 2010 | Views : 2419 | Replies : 3

Topo maps of Cuba

Any suggestions as to finding official topo. maps of Cuba. preferably at 1:50000 or larger.

I know they do exist, and that some people are lucky enough to have bought them while in Cuba.

However they remain virtually impossible to obtain regularly.

Any ideas out there??
Read more : Topo maps of Cuba | Views : 2680 | Replies : 0

Central American Summits

I am looking info about mountainneers that already succesfully climbed (or any intent) to ascent all the central american summits. Will be include in a book report.

Guatemala - Tajumulco
Belize - Doyle's Delight / or Victoria's Peak (second summit)
El Salvador - El Pital
Honduras - Las Minas
Nicaragua - El Mogoton (marked summit reached)
Costa Rica - Chirripo
Panama - Barú

until now just 2 climber
Christian Rodriguez (me)
Pavel Dorosovich
Read more : Central American Summits | Views : 2504 | Replies : 1

Sailing?

So i know this isnt climbing related, but i figured there must be people here who would also have advice on a sailing trip along the west coast of Mexico. Im thinking starting in Ixtapa, and going south possibly all the way to Acapulco. Im wanting to find a company that rents sailboats that is reasonably priced. We dont need anything fancy, just a basic cabin. So far all i have found are guided trips ...
Read more : Sailing? | Views : 1241 | Replies : 0

Orizaba Video

I just finished a video trip report from a March 09 trip up Orizaba. One of my partners (centrifuge) had a featured trip report on here last month so some of you might already be familiar with the story. There is also a video from a previous attempt in January. Anyway I thought I would share...

http://www.summitpost.org/trip-report/508503/Orizaba-the-Movie.html
Read more : Orizaba Video | Views : 1805 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557989 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136504