It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 1:40 am

News News of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Site map of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean » Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Mexico Climbing Partners section.

Boots for Orizaba

Just wondering what type of mountaineering boots people have used and would recommend for Orizaba and/or Izta.
Read more : Boots for Orizaba | Views : 4589 | Replies : 9

How technical is Orizaba?

I do a lot of winter hiking, but it's in the Adirondacks. I can practice a lot of skills here, such as climbing steep slopes in winter, self-arrest, etc. But of course we don't have glaciers. I'm wondering if it's necessary to have familiarity with crevasses and self-rescue techiques to climb Orizaba. In the accounts I've read, there seems to be little danger from crevasses. What technical skills do you need, assuming you have the ...
Read more : How technical is Orizaba? | Views : 4597 | Replies : 11

orizaba logistic

I'm planning a trip to Orizaba, on the normal route. I read a loot of info about the peak, but I'm still looking for some prices regarding 4x4 trip to the hut, lodging in Tlachichuca, bus transportation, best place to stay, meals, etc.
Thank you.
Read more : orizaba logistic | Views : 3506 | Replies : 8

Orizaba Weather

Wow! Glad I went when I did. Quite a change in the weather window!

http://www.rmiguides.com/international/ ... atches.php
Read more : Orizaba Weather | Views : 3105 | Replies : 3

Who has climbed Izta?

I am thinking of climbing Izta and would like to correspond with someone who has done it already. At this point, I am leaning toward the Ridge of the Sun route. Is this a nontechnical route? What specialized equipment/skills do you need?
Read more : Who has climbed Izta? | Views : 2856 | Replies : 3

WTS: NEW 2007 Cervelo Soloist Carbon Road Bike $2,300

This is not a site to sell your goods! Go away.
Read more : WTS: NEW 2007 Cervelo Soloist Carbon Road Bike $2,300 | Views : 2062 | Replies : 1

Iztaccihualt how difficult?

Hi,
I am planning to climb Itza next week. I never climbed before, but i will be going with a guide. I am in great phisical shape, and just wondering how difficult will it be for me?

Thanks
Read more : Iztaccihualt how difficult? | Views : 2544 | Replies : 6

How difficult is Iztaccihuatl?

Hi,

Im planning to climb Iztaccihuatl next week, but i was wondering how difficult is the climb. I am totally new to climbing and never climbed before. I will be going with a well experianced guide. Any help will be great.

Thanks
Read more : How difficult is Iztaccihuatl? | Views : 9324 | Replies : 8

Orizaba temps?

I see a few SPers were on Orizaba recently. I am going the weekend after next, 12/20. How cold is it?

Trying to decide if I need to bring my big down jacket and insulated boots or my lighter down with some layers and un-insulated mountaineering boots.

We'll be staying at the hut two nights and with one day doing an aclimatization climb before our summit day.
Read more : Orizaba temps? | Views : 2505 | Replies : 3

Guadeloupe - Any input?

I'm off Saturday to Guadeloupe. Climb La Souffriere, plongee the Reservee Jacques Cousteau etc. Anybody been up the volcano? I didn't find any TRs or a page for it.
Read more : Guadeloupe - Any input? | Views : 1460 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558021 • Total topics 55844 • Total members 136595