It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:23 pm

News News of Midwest (Great Plains, Great Lakes)

Site map of Midwest (Great Plains, Great Lakes) » Forum : Midwest (Great Plains, Great Lakes)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Heartland of the America. Hey, this includes Arkansas. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Midwest US Climbing Partners section.

Midwest highpoints

Which ones are the coolest and worst
Read more : Midwest highpoints | Views : 7271 | Replies : 13

7k foot peaks in Black Hills

I'm planning on ascending all of the 7,000 foot peaks in the Black Hills. Has anyone else out there tried this? The list I've compiled includes: Harney Peak, Odakota Mountain, Bear Mountain, Crooks Tower, Terry Peak, Crow's Nest Peak, and Sylvan Hill (listed as Sylvan Peak on SP). Does anyone have any info about these peaks, particularly Odakota? I went up to what I thought was the peak a few weeks ago. It seemed like ...
Read more : 7k foot peaks in Black Hills | Views : 4927 | Replies : 7

Kansas City???

This "Midwest" forum seems to be dominated by the Great Lakes area... Is anybody on here within a couple hours of KC? I'm looking for some good day hikes. I'm doing Four Pass Loop out near Aspen in the middle of August, so I'm trying to do some warm up trails.

Any ideas out there?
Read more : Kansas City??? | Views : 2628 | Replies : 4

Mid West Meetups?

I think the Mid West is the largest domestic region covered by the Summitpost forum system, but that's no reason for us all to be strangers.

Pickings aren't entirely slim, there are gobs of places that groups of us could meet and still be interested. So we haven't got mountain ranges, why should that stop us? 8)
Read more : Mid West Meetups? | Views : 17875 | Replies : 103

What's New in the Midwest...

I find that Midwest submissions tend to get easily missed on SummitPost. Truthfully, climbs our region have a hard time stacking up with more vertically favored regions to the east and west. Therefore you won't likely find any of our peaks making Photo of the Week. Nonetheless, Midwesterners have carved themselves a nice little niche here on SP and I thought it would be helpful to create a central point where we can share the ...
Read more : What's New in the Midwest... | Views : 118899 | Replies : 230

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557956 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136429