It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 3:07 am

News News of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Site map of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR) » Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.

Solo Climber Survives Avalanche on Mt Rainier

Just as a reminder we have avalanche season which on Rainier may last much longer than other mountains. Never take anything for granted, especially nice conditions on big mountains. Here is my personal experience from the past:

Solo Climber Survives Avalanche on Mt Rainier
Read more : Solo Climber Survives Avalanche on Mt Rainier | Views : 3113 | Replies : 0

Interesting

I'm not climbing anything...looking at pictures... kind of cool:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/an-ore ... spartandhp
Read more : Interesting | Views : 2728 | Replies : 0

New Climbing Gym in Salem OR

Hello everyone! Salem is close to opening its first rock climbing gym: The Rock Boxx. The Rock Boxx is an indoor Bouldering gym that will be opening up here in Salem Oregon. We will be offering a 8,000+ Square foot climbing Gym with professionally designed walls built by Louie Anderson. In addition to climbing we will be hosting some yoga classes taught by some of Salem's best yoga instructors. We will also be offering some ...
Read more : New Climbing Gym in Salem OR | Views : 2835 | Replies : 0

Good hike/climb nearish Portland in March

Hi All,

I'm looking for a good, hard, climb or hike in the Portland area (few hours away is fine) for the wife and I to do in March. I know that there's a plethora of trails all over the place, but:

I have alpine skills, know how to use crampons and an ice axe. The wife does not, and this isn't a teaching trip. I'd like to find something that ends with a nice ...
Read more : Good hike/climb nearish Portland in March | Views : 3374 | Replies : 2

5-10 day Backpacking suggestions - Olympic National Park

Hi

I am looking to do a backpacking trip around Olympic National Park.

I've backpacked a 6 day loop in Glacier National Park (Many Glacier to Logan Pass through Fifty Mountain/Stoney Indian), the Teton Crest trail, two trips to Grand Canyon - so I have intermediate backpacking experience. I have beginner ice axe/crampon experience (took a two day class, climbed Mt Lassen through the North East Face, attempted Shasta but had to turn back due ...
Read more : 5-10 day Backpacking suggestions - Olympic National Park | Views : 4440 | Replies : 4

First Rainier Attempt Advice First Rainier Attempt Advice

Hello all. My friend and I from the East Coast are looking for some thoughts on the viability of making a first attempt to summit Rainier Summer 2016 (June/July).

For some background, the both of us have climbed Mt. Shasta (June 2015 - took the steeper ascent through Red Banks chimneys) and Mt. Adams (September 2015), with Mt. Shasta being my first climb at any significant eleveation. My friend has experience with many Colorado 14ers ...
Read more : First Rainier Attempt Advice | Views : 3383 | Replies : 2

Power Video Summit

Read more : Power Video Summit | Views : 3031 | Replies : 0

Question about Forbidden Peak, West Ridge Question about Forbidden Peak, West Ridge

My climbing partners and I have successfully climbed Rainier (Disappointment Cleaver route) a couple times and are looking for the next challenge for Summer 2016. We are all novices without any experience beyond Rainier, some much smaller climbs, and the local indoor climbing gym. Is the class of rock on Forbidden Peak West Ridge a good next step/progression for us? We've been doing some research, and it appears manageable. But, we would like to get ...
Read more : Question about Forbidden Peak, West Ridge | Views : 3637 | Replies : 2

Summit Lookout on Mt Adams

Have not been to the summit of Mt Adams in years and am interested in knowing if
the old Summit Lookout is still visible. :?: In the 1960's the building was
partially exposed. I remember sitting on the roof. The front of the
building was exposed but the inside was filled with snow. In the1980's
it was covered. Wondering if the warming trend in temps and the ...
Read more : Summit Lookout on Mt Adams | Views : 4466 | Replies : 3

Fall Colors in Washington State 2015

Back by popular demand. Remember, this album is only as good as the photos added to it.

http://www.summitpost.org/fall-colors-in-washington-state-2015/952089
Read more : Fall Colors in Washington State 2015 | Views : 3513 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558021 • Total topics 55844 • Total members 136595