It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 pm

News News of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Site map of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR) » Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.

Pole Creek Trail and Road access

I will be in Sisters, Oregon next Tuesday (6/27) for a forestry meeting. I am interested in driving from Sisters to Pole Creek Trailhead on 6/28 and hiking/climbing to the Middle Sister/North Sister Col. Does anyone here know if the road is open to the trailhead? And the condition of trail?
Thanks,
Scott
Read more : Pole Creek Trail and Road access | Views : 5301 | Replies : 2

Washington Pass Area

Snow melting out fast on HWY 20. Parking Lots at Blue Lake not open yet, but close. Cars parked all along the highway at Cutthroat, Blue Lake, Hairpin turn, Silver Star. No, I did not hike or climb, family day enjoying the scenery and food in Winthrop.
Read more : Washington Pass Area | Views : 3001 | Replies : 0

West Rib of Jefferson?

Anyone done this route? Looks like one of the most straightforward routes on the mountain. Says it's an "early season" route, but not sure how to interpret that since the summit pinnacle typically isn't really in shape until late June early July.
Read more : West Rib of Jefferson? | Views : 2890 | Replies : 0

Adams (south spur) or DC route 8/3 - 8/5

A buddy and I flying into Seattle area 8/2. We are looking at either doing south spur or DC route. Anyone interested in joining?
Climbed emmons route end of may, guided

I am aware that these routes are quite different. Depending on experience involved we will decide. We are not entirely comfortable with unguided glacier travel yet. However, I have done 2 glacier climbs (rainier, baker). Doing crevasse rescue refresher end of july on baker ...
Read more : Adams (south spur) or DC route 8/3 - 8/5 | Views : 4339 | Replies : 3

Crevasse Rescue 7/22 - 7/23

Im participating in a crevasse rescue class 7/22 - 7/23 with potential summit of baker. (mt baker guides)

I have two spots if anyone is interested in a refresher. I am flying in from norcal on 7/21
Read more : Crevasse Rescue 7/22 - 7/23 | Views : 3254 | Replies : 1

Baker Rescue of Skier good

Read more : Baker Rescue of Skier good | Views : 2737 | Replies : 1

Mt. Baker: Coleman Deming vs. Easton Glacier

I’m flying into Vancouver on the night of July 12 (a Wednesday) with a flight back east that Sunday night. As far as I can tell, these are some of the pros and cons of the two standard routes up Mt. Baker:

Coleman-Deming
Slightly shorter drive from Vancouver (+)
Slightly shorter route overall (+)
More elevation gain (-)
Potential for trailhead parking to be inaccessible due to snow (assuming this won't be an issue by ...
Read more : Mt. Baker: Coleman Deming vs. Easton Glacier | Views : 11433 | Replies : 6

Left: Two black diamond carbon whippets@Longs Pass

Forogt both my whippet poles where the road block begins for the longs pass/esmeralda basin trailhead. Would be very much appreciated if yer in the area if you could snag em for me. 360-480-1017. Thanks!!
Read more : Left: Two black diamond carbon whippets@Longs Pass | Views : 2357 | Replies : 0

Mt McLoughlin Skiing this weekend?

It looks pretty hot this week, anyone think there is still some skiing left?
I was down at Bailey 2 weeks ago in cooler weather and still lots of snow. Likewise I was skiing on Bachelor this weekend and it still has a tremendous amount of snow. I wanted to take a shot at skiing McLoughlin, with Mt. Adams as a fallback plan.

What do you think?
Read more : Mt McLoughlin Skiing this weekend? | Views : 2646 | Replies : 1

Fire closure updates in Glacier Peak Wilderness

Has the Buck Creek Pass Trail reopened? I've got a week-long loop planned that hinges on this trail being open! I do have a contingency plan, but it adds a number of miles.

Thanks for any info on this.
Read more : Fire closure updates in Glacier Peak Wilderness | Views : 2607 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557954 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136420