It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 5:41 am

News News of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Site map of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR) » Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.

Aasgard Pass and Helmets

Yes or No?

Probably heading up Little Annapurna in a few weeks. Looks like plenty of loose rock in that gully from Colchuck Lake to the pass.
Just curious what the general opinion is on the necessity of the helmet. Thanks.
Read more : Aasgard Pass and Helmets | Views : 5038 | Replies : 5

Glacier Peak Wilderness (in a week)

What's the best week long (70-90 mile) loop this time of year in Glacier Peak Wilderness? I've got my eyes set on the following: Buck Creek Pass --> Miners Ridge (Image Lake) --> PCT --> White River --> Boulder Pass --> Little Giant Pass.

Planning to leave a car on Chiwawa River Road at either Nineteen Mile or Alpine Meadows (assuming it's allowed).

I'd appreciate any info that may help, such as: is it worth ...
Read more : Glacier Peak Wilderness (in a week) | Views : 3193 | Replies : 0

Mt Rainier Kautz & Disappointment Cleaver Routes Conditions

Image taken on July 14th, 2016.

Kautz Glacier Route:
This route is in “very good” condition. The Nisqually Glacier is shallow and not complicated to cross (assuming you know what you are doing). To avoid crossing Wilson Glacier’s crevasses, climb up the (climber’s) left side of the cleaver to The Turtle. You may have to walk on the rocky cleaver for a while. To enter the ice chute bellow the Kautz Ice Cliff go ...
Read more : Mt Rainier Kautz & Disappointment Cleaver Routes Conditions | Views : 9082 | Replies : 7

Liberty Bell

Is the Blue Lake Parking open for cars.... sleeping? or is it still parking on the hwy? Approach info to notch? Thanks.
Read more : Liberty Bell | Views : 3018 | Replies : 1

Ruth Mountain

Two of us wanted to climb Sefrit on Saturday, but the Ruth Creek crossing was going to be a challenge. We would have been more motivated if the weather had been better. No rain but everything was wet. The clouds were low. So off we went to the more familiar Ruth Mountain. Snow from Hannegan Pass on. Views were very limited, but short opportunities to see Shuksan were good enough. First summit for me this ...
Read more : Ruth Mountain | Views : 3282 | Replies : 3

Road to TH for Hidden Lake Peaks

Looking for some feedback, as Hidden Lake Peaks is on my to do list for my trip back to the Cascades this August.

Is the road to the trailhead (Sibley Creek?) passable in a standard vehicle? I've read a number of reports - some saying yes standard vehicles can make it and others saying that 4WD or high clearance is needed. I'll be in a rental car, no high clearance, and am not interested in ...
Read more : Road to TH for Hidden Lake Peaks | Views : 3014 | Replies : 3

Monte Cristo

Any one been into Monte Cristo area? Specifically the East Wilman's Spire?
Road conditions? Still only a log to cross at 1 mile? That's what the reliable Ranger said?
Read more : Monte Cristo | Views : 2387 | Replies : 0

Snow Conditions in Enchantments

Looking to head into the Enchantments area mid-late next week and curious what the snow levels are like. Has anybody been out there recently? Specifically is the W. Ridge of Prusik free of snow? Seems like it's going to warm up but might go for other peaks in the area instead like Dragontail, Colchuk, or Little Annapurna.

First time in the Cascades. I'm going to assume ice ax and crampons are a must?

Thanks!
Read more : Snow Conditions in Enchantments | Views : 2871 | Replies : 1

Tomyhoi Peak

Nick and I went to Tomyhoi Peak Sunday/Monday for a attempt again on this familiar mountain. Snow most of the way. We made it to the main summit base, but to tricky for us to negotiate the last few hundred feet on snow, ice over rock. Been there a few times, but not in these conditions, no gear. Chicken psyche took over. Bivied at the only bare flat ground at base of Yellow Aster Butte ...
Read more : Tomyhoi Peak | Views : 2941 | Replies : 0

Access to Killen Creek TH on Mt Adamas

Any beta about access to Killen Creek TH on Mt Adamas? How is the snow there right now? When would be the best time to plan the (Adams G.) attempt this year?

Appreciate any input/Thanks
Read more : Access to Killen Creek TH on Mt Adamas | Views : 3203 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557989 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136499