It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 11:58 am

News News of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Site map of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR) » Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.

Fire closure updates in Glacier Peak Wilderness

Has the Buck Creek Pass Trail reopened? I've got a week-long loop planned that hinges on this trail being open! I do have a contingency plan, but it adds a number of miles.

Thanks for any info on this.
Read more : Fire closure updates in Glacier Peak Wilderness | Views : 2621 | Replies : 0

Mt Hood (south side route) / late start time questions

Hi,

Planning on climbing Hood later this month with a friend of a friend who wants to take the Palmer lift at 8am to start the climb. Ive never been up Hood but have some climbing experience and such a late start time sounds like a bad idea. Hearing it's been pretty warm up there... Even with cooler weather, would such a late start ever be a good idea? Hearing he climbs the mountain several ...
Read more : Mt Hood (south side route) / late start time questions | Views : 5287 | Replies : 10

Climbing partners mount baker

Hello all,

Im looking for climbing partners to hike baker in early July. Right now I'm looking at the 1st and 2nd. Is anyone here interested in joining?

Thanks,
Dan
Read more : Climbing partners mount baker | Views : 2768 | Replies : 1

Current trips??

Not much to offer yet, but enjoyed a quick trip to Erie for a few ups and downs near the Powerline wall with Andrew and new rope. Perfect day sharing the Mountain and views with others all over the place.

Josh has a super trip report on Triple Couloirs under What's new
Read more : Current trips?? | Views : 2777 | Replies : 4

Advice for visiting Kiwi climber/hiker

Hi all,

I'm from New Zealand and will be in Oregon and/or Washington for 3-4 weeks from Mid August to Mid September. I'd love to do some hiking and mountaineering in the beautiful looking Cascades but would like some advice...

Trips that I've been looking into include Rainer (of course!), Eldorado Peak, Shuksan, Mt. St. Helens, the Ptarmigan Traverse and maybe a section of the PCT or Copper Ridge trail. I obviously won't be able ...
Read more : Advice for visiting Kiwi climber/hiker | Views : 5649 | Replies : 8

North Cascade Highway

Somebody has to post this... I smell Cinnamon Rolls...just saying

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wsdot/set ... 8384383793
Read more : North Cascade Highway | Views : 3371 | Replies : 2

Mt Hood April 29-30

Hi- advice, please! I am planning on going to Mt Hood end of April with a friend. Looking at mountain weather forecast, looks like days without a fair amount of snow are pretty rare. Where could I find detailed avalanche forecast? If Hood is not in, could you recommend similar routes to Hood south side in the area? Thanks, Charlie
Read more : Mt Hood April 29-30 | Views : 2353 | Replies : 2

Mt. Shuksan -- ISO Summit Pyramid Suggestions

Last Summer, my brother and I climbed Shuksan for the first time and had a blast. We followed the Fisher Chimneys route, camped on the saddle just above Winnie's Slide (great spot), and approached the Summit Pyramid from the SSW from Hell's Highway. For us, this was a challenging but fun route with great variety.

We are heading back to Shuksan this Summer. I'm curious if there are alternative routes up/approaches to the Summit Pyramid ...
Read more : Mt. Shuksan -- ISO Summit Pyramid Suggestions | Views : 2334 | Replies : 1

Avalanche Deaths in Japan Are Reminder!

The death of fifteen student climbers and one instructor in the
mountains near Tokyo should be a reminder to Northwest Climbers,
Skiiers, Snowshoers, and Snowmobilers than the "Mountains Don't
Care" isn't just a set of cute words some fireside writer came up with.
Ignoring Avalanche Warnings anywhere in the World is a sure way to
create the circumstances for a tragedy. The loss of multiple lives
on Mt Hood and Mt St. Helens involving large ...
Read more : Avalanche Deaths in Japan Are Reminder! | Views : 2453 | Replies : 0

Rainier temperatures in July

Hey guys. I've been trying to locate data records for day and night temperatures at/near camp muir in mid July. As well as the summit. I found the summit, although it wasn't a very thorough dataset, but i can't seem to find any information on camp muir... any help?
Read more : Rainier temperatures in July | Views : 9892 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557989 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136499