It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:11 pm

News News of Page Help

Site map of Page Help » Forum : Page Help

Get HTML help, style input, and feedback on your pages from other SP members.

New to Site

I am a new registered member to the site, though I have very frequently over the years surfed through countless info and pages in search of new and great places to climb and hike. Are there any pointers for easy navigation? Primary what I'm wanting to do right now is upload pictures. I have tried making an album, but I only have my one profile picture uploaded and that is all I can choose from. ...
Read more : New to Site | Views : 6710 | Replies : 4

New post with red stars

I'm a first time poster in the classified section. My 3 new posts have red stars next to the post icon. Anyone know what that indicates? Thank you!
Read more : New post with red stars | Views : 6326 | Replies : 5

Why the big gap in that page? Why the big gap in that page?

http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.p ... irm_post=7

I've already created an XTHML table with the data of the "Two thousanders in Sierra de Guadarrama" section. Do you know why there is such a big gap preceding the table :?: :?
Read more : Why the big gap in that page? | Views : 5588 | Replies : 3

Auto sizing images within tables?

I'm creating a custom photo album that consists of a table with a photo in each cell. Currently, the TN photos are set to a fixed size (height x width), which is fine for viewing with certain screen resolutions but maybe not ideal for other screen resolutions. Is there any HTML code that will allow me to auto-size the thumbnails based on the screen size of the person viewing it, such as a "best fit" ...
Read more : Auto sizing images within tables? | Views : 62473 | Replies : 9

Where is Bolivar Peak page???

This is the highest point of Venezuela, there was a mountain page here and I visited several times, now I am working on a list of the South America Highpoints ( http://www.summitpost.org/south-america-highpoints/774753 ), and the page is gone.

Does anyone knows something about it???
Read more : Where is Bolivar Peak page??? | Views : 5109 | Replies : 5

Gear Pictures on SummitPost? Gear Pictures on SummitPost?

I've got a question about gear pictures posted on summitpost. I've noticed that most of the pictures posted in SP gear have a white background which could only mean one of a few things.

1. The pictures were taken from someone else or from another website
2. They used a completely white background when they took the photo
3. They used photoshop to create the white background

I'm curious partly because I want to submit ...
Read more : Gear Pictures on SummitPost? | Views : 7691 | Replies : 6

elevation wrong

I just put up Icy Peak for the PNW. I can't get the elevation to stay. I have edited the page several times for the 7,063 feet, but after submitting changes it goes back to 7 feet. :lol: What's up with that??? and I think I will end all submissions with "I don't plan on leaving summitpost. I like it.
Read more : elevation wrong | Views : 4784 | Replies : 3

Table of Contents (HTML)

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had made a custom 'Table of Contents' for one of their pages, i.e. selected 'no' when giving the option in the Editor, and then just put in a lot of HTML to create something more customisable, different colours, box dimensions, place on the page etc.? I reckon I could probably work it out but it would be nice to know if there were some existing examples out there. Cheers.
Read more : Table of Contents (HTML) | Views : 5378 | Replies : 3

Reposting someone else's pic - protocol?

Hi all,

I have recently become fascinated (obsessed?) with finding out the names of the background peaks in some of the incredible Himalayan pics here on SP. I have started researching a gorgeous panorama taken from just below the summit plateau of Cho Oyu, originally posted by an SP member named "snowflake". I mentioned that I might do this in a post under the pic, and I posted a PM to his SP account asking ...
Read more : Reposting someone else's pic - protocol? | Views : 4482 | Replies : 2

Problem editing Profile Page ..

Just tried to edit my Profile Page, and got the spinning "loading page" icon, but nothing happened.

Then, I tried to delete one of my images, and the same thing happened .... which was nothing. Why can't I delete the image?

If there's a bug in the System, should I just come back later to TRY again .....? ?

:?
Read more : Problem editing Profile Page .. | Views : 4515 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557956 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136429