It is currently Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:36 am

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

Avalanche in MT claims 1

Although the person killed was not a climber or skier or snowboarder or ice climber or snowshoer, I think this report is still relevant. There is a very wet storm in MT now, dumping a lot of wet heavy snow on a weak layer buried 3 feet down. It is certain to cause avalanches!
Lets make sure it is not one of us caught up in one!
My condolences to the family of the snowmobiler ...
Read more : Avalanche in MT claims 1 | Views : 1696 | Replies : 0 | Forum : News

sopris TH req?

So anyone have any info on the Sopris TH? How far can we drive up?

THanks!
Read more : sopris TH req? | Views : 622 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Colorado

F/S: Lots of gear, most of it never used.

All this gear has been seating in my wife`s wardrobe for too long, most of it bought and never used.

1 pair of Black Diamond dry tool gloves 2005 version. Size: Extra small (Never Used) $35 SOLD

1 pair of Outdoor Research Dry Ice shell gloves. Size:Men`s Small (Used) $10 SOLD

1 pair of Outdoor Research Alibi gloves. Size: Men`s Medium (Used only a couple of times) $20 SOLD

1 Outdoor Research Gorilla Windstopper Balaclava. ...
Read more : F/S: Lots of gear, most of it never used. | Views : 3905 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Gear

FS: Sleeping Bag, Bivy, Fleece and Puffy

Everything is SOLD! Thank You!

Major closet purge to make room for new gear. Please support my SAC addiction!

Any questions or picture requests email jrcrabtree (AT) gmail (DOT) com

First person who buys two or more items gets a free black barely used mountain hardwear windstopper hat (the fleecy one).

For Sale:

Prices include shipping to lower 48.

Big Agnes Nugget 45deg Primaloft Sleeping Bag $70
waterproof/breathable pertex cover. Sleeping pad sleeve. Pillow pocket. ...
Read more : FS: Sleeping Bag, Bivy, Fleece and Puffy | Views : 6503 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Gear

Question about a CF card

Is that 8Gb card compatible with Konika-Minolta Maxxum 5D Question :?:

http://www.sandisk.com/about-sandisk/me ... flash-card

If SanDisk Ultra II CompactFlash 8GB is compatible with Konika-Minolta Maxxum (Dynax) 5D. Is SanDisk Ultra CompactFlash 8GB compatible as well :?:

We've already bought it and I'd like to know before opening the case
Read more : Question about a CF card | Views : 1230 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Gear

K2 Presentation in Portland by Don Bowie

Hey Portland crew!!!
Mark Wednesday January 20th on your calendar.

Don Bowie, will be presenting a multimedia show on his successful climbing expedition to K2.
On July 4th, 2007, he became the 4th Canadian to summit K2, and did so without the use of supplemental oxygen.

He has fantastic images, video clips, and stories of the dramatic ascent and tragic descent on what some call, "The Savage Mountain."

Don would appreciate any help spreading the ...
Read more : K2 Presentation in Portland by Don Bowie | Views : 2633 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Mountain Technology ice axes

Hi, everybody!

Recently I bought an old Mountain Technology ice axe. Unfortunately, the seller was unable to tell me anything at all about it. Could anyone send me the specs, intended use, virtues and weaknesses, etc. of this tool? By the way, does anyone know if MT is still in business?

This is what it looks like:

The pick has three holes and is technically bent, with sharp teeth and a rather wide adze with ...
Read more : Mountain Technology ice axes | Views : 16509 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Gear

Looking for a place to live Canmore/banff

hi
i am relocating to the canmore area from sunny california at the end of this month. Ideally id like to live with like minded people, ie. climbers.
My price range is around $600. I dont mind signing a lease for a year if needs be...
I am not really into the party hard thing but i like an occasional drink now and again.
. I was born and raised in ireland, male, am very ...
Read more : Looking for a place to live Canmore/banff | Views : 3014 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Canada and Alaska

Climbing And Wine Trip To Germany

I was hoping for some solid advice and suggestions as to where would be ideal areas within Germany and Austria that would cover both climbing (alpine and/or sport climbing) and a variety of vineyards for wine tasting. Deb and I are planning a 2 week trip over to Germany around June. We're not huge "city people" but rather enjoy the country side and villages. Ideally, the Barvaria region or along the Rhine seems fitting for ...
Read more : Climbing And Wine Trip To Germany | Views : 3930 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Europe

running barefoot

I remember reading some interesting posts about the value of running barefoot vs wearing running shoes because they can damage the knees. Here's some interesting recent science. http://sportsmedupdates.blogspot.com/20 ... knees.html
Read more : running barefoot | Views : 10322 | Replies : 34 | Forum : Technique and Training

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558044 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136634