It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 9:35 am

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

DMT, have you told this story online?

I noticed a while back that in his Eastern Sierra Ice book SP Parker makes a mention of some sort of epic that you may have had in the V-Notch. Is it written?
Read more : DMT, have you told this story online? | Views : 1241 | Replies : 1 | Forum : California

Rock pro in Huntington Ravine?

Planning a 4 day climbing weekend in Feb and wondering aside from ice screws and pickets, what rock pro (and size) I should rack up (cams, pitons, nuts, etc)? May climb a few different gullies and routes in the ravine and want to be prepared for any of them. Thanks!
Read more : Rock pro in Huntington Ravine? | Views : 2265 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

thoth

Where did "thoth? go, it shows him as a deleted user? What do you have to do to get deleted?
Read more : thoth | Views : 665 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Winter fun?

It's far from climbing season, but it hasn't been snowing that much in a while and resort skiing is getting boring. I'm looking for something else to do other than spend a boatload of money and trying to learn ice climbing right now.

Was thinking maybe it would be possible to knock out some of the easier 14ers during the winter. How much experience would be needed for Langley or White Mountain? Would either of ...
Read more : Winter fun? | Views : 1717 | Replies : 4 | Forum : California

The North Face Baltoro Jacket- Fake?

Go to this forum and you tell me? I recenty heard that 60-80% of North Face clothing products found on ebay are not authentic. This website is dedicated to the topic. What do ppl think about this? Is it fake?

http://www.thenorthfaceguru.com/ubbthre ... Main=16694
Read more : The North Face Baltoro Jacket- Fake? | Views : 8480 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Gear

FS: Backcountry Ski Boots

Alpina 1550 75mm

Vibram sole, Used for one season. Maybe a dozen days. Dunno how but bought way too big.

$65

Size Info:

45 EURO
11-11.5 (M)US

Like the boot. Getting another in a different size.
Read more : FS: Backcountry Ski Boots | Views : 971 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gear

I'm moving to Fort Collins

I got a job in Fort Collins at some podunk ag school. I start 1 February.

I need advice on the good (quiet) part of town to live (no parties, no bass music, and no more than 2 miles from campus so I can bike into work)
The bike shops I should avoid.
The quickest way to get info on hiking trails.

I bet I can figure out the rest. But sleep is important. I ...
Read more : I'm moving to Fort Collins | Views : 7210 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Colorado

crampon recommendations?

Hey all,

I'm looking to invest in a pair of crampons. My adventures tend to include classical mountaineering and glacier traversing, but not ice-climbing. I have big feet (size 14 US). From the grivel website, it seems like the G10s are the model most closely rated for my adventures, but I'm wondering if since I have big feet, it would make sense to have more points. Any advice or other recommendations?

Thanks,
Chase
Read more : crampon recommendations? | Views : 19205 | Replies : 26 | Forum : Gear

grivel crampons not on rei.com?

I just noticed rei.com isn't carrying grivel crampons anymore. Anyone know what the deal is with that?
Read more : grivel crampons not on rei.com? | Views : 1750 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Gear

Good intro for RMNP snowshoeing trip?

Hey all,

I'm new to Colorado and going to go explore RMNP this weekend on snowshoes. Any suggestions for where to start? I plan on spending one night backcountry. A summit would be great, but not necessary.

Thanks,
Chase
Read more : Good intro for RMNP snowshoeing trip? | Views : 1697 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Colorado

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558014 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136574