It is currently Sat Jun 22, 2024 4:04 pm

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

DONT Click omgclickme profile or anything associated

there is a user named omgclickme- DO NOT CLICK ANY PICTURES OR THE PROFILE. Elves you need to investigate quickly, It adds on and backdoors your computer.
Read more : DONT Click omgclickme profile or anything associated | Views : 1581 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General

Online jokers need zapping

When you click on photo-of-the-day or photo-of-the-week, a malicious spam message appears.

Appears to be from some punks from NYC playing around with their computer.

Please zap "omgclickme" and "SP joker" immediately !!!
Read more : Online jokers need zapping | Views : 13217 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Bad Submissions

First Ascent Event in Denver

There is an invitation only event at Eddie Bauer - Park Meadows (South Denver) this Thursday October 22nd from 7pm-10pm. The following mountaineers will be present for a panel discussion, Dave Hahn, Peter Whittaker, Seth Waterfall, Jake Norton, Chad Peele and a special appearance by Jim Whittaker. In addition to the panel discussion they will have refreshments, special discounts on First Ascent gear and a book signing by Jim Whittaker.

Email your name to ...
Read more : First Ascent Event in Denver | Views : 2524 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Colorado

Bhagirathi 2009

Nice pics. Marko Prezelj and his team climbed a huge alpine wall on Bhagirathi in North East India
http://www.alpinist.com/doc/web09f/news ... hi-prezelj
Read more : Bhagirathi 2009 | Views : 2358 | Replies : 3 | Forum : News

Paria Canyon Bobcat Tracks?

Saw these tracks last week on our fourth and last night at the mile 30 campsite. I'm guessing bobcat but wonder if more knowledgable folks concur.
The lens cap is about 3 inches / 75 mm in diameter.
Thanks.

Read more : Paria Canyon Bobcat Tracks? | Views : 2942 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General

Best way to dry mountaineering boots

I have a piar of leather/gortex Mountaineering boots that are compleatly soaked from an outing when the snow turned to slush. I have been told that heaters are bad for them any recomendations?
Read more : Best way to dry mountaineering boots | Views : 22959 | Replies : 30 | Forum : Gear

anyone here ever gotten a calf strain

from hiking or running?

How did you get it to heal?
Did you use a sleeve?
Any advice would be great.
Read more : anyone here ever gotten a calf strain | Views : 8910 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Mountain Medicine & Rescue

Dozens of mountaineers to clean up Carstensz's peak

Dozens of mountaineers to clean up Carstensz's peak

It is being reported that Freeport Tembagapura Mine Manager John Mosher, john_mosher@fmi.com is now allowing mountaineers to access the peak via Freeports access road. This is a shift in their policy which has previously prohibited climbers from using the Freeport access road.

This clean up trip is being run by Dr Werner who has close ties with the Indonesian Government who in ...
Read more : Dozens of mountaineers to clean up Carstensz's peak | Views : 2052 | Replies : 0 | Forum : News

White Cliffs of Dover

Having a weekend walking the Kent, (UK), coastline with a friend.

Lovely day under and along the top of the White Cliffs of Dover yesterday and I think I've got enough photos to do a very short Photo TR. Something I have been promising for a long time, and haven't yet delivered on! :oops:

Interesting walk yesterday, especially at high tide under the Cliffs.

Afterwards my companion ...
Read more : White Cliffs of Dover | Views : 1117 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Europe

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558081 • Total topics 55846 • Total members 136710