It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 12:17 am

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

Screen resolution of 1024x786?

I'm more curious than anything, but how do you go about making a page of a screen resolution of 1024x786? Does it have to do with picture size (pixels)?
Read more : Screen resolution of 1024x786? | Views : 4857 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Page Help

Tioga Pass is OPEN!

It opened up all the way through, this afternoon!

A complete surprise to many of us.

N'joy!
Read more : Tioga Pass is OPEN! | Views : 3940 | Replies : 10 | Forum : California

Any winter climbs in WV or VA?

Living in the south now I can not find any peaks to climb in the winter. Looking for some snow and ice if it exists down here.
Read more : Any winter climbs in WV or VA? | Views : 6645 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

the bible

2nd ed.
Read more : the bible | Views : 1344 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

6 year old floats off in balloon

This doesn't look good. The balloon is down but the boy isn't in it. :cry:

FORT COLLINS, Colo. – A homemade balloon aircraft floated away from a yard in Colorado after a 6-year-old boy was seen climbing inside, setting off a frantic scramble by the military and law enforcement agencies before the balloon slowly touched down in a field.

Story.

Read more : 6 year old floats off in balloon | Views : 7149 | Replies : 24 | Forum : Colorado

Yosemite Bears Prefer Minivans

Interesting article for the Yosemite crowd:

Public consumption version:
http://www.asmjournals.org/perlserv/?re ... MM-A-056.1

Original Journal of Mammology publication:
http://www.asmjournals.org/perlserv/?re ... MM-A-056.1
Read more : Yosemite Bears Prefer Minivans | Views : 1431 | Replies : 1 | Forum : California

Boulder Adventure Film Festival - Check it Out!

The Adventure Film Festival in Boulder is an international forum for the best and most inspiring independent films of the year. The Films featured in the Festival encompass all aspects of adventure from serious exploration and environmental heroism to gripping tales from the edge of the believable. With films from around the globe‚ adventure art‚ and powerful keynote speakers‚ the annual Adventure Film Festival in Boulder continues to inspire and awaken us all to the ...
Read more : Boulder Adventure Film Festival - Check it Out! | Views : 2283 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Colorado

3 hikers missing in SEKI

They've been overdue since Monday. No doubt the storm has slowed them down.

http://www.fresnobee.com/263/story/1673566.html

Backpackers from Road's End east to Forrester Pass or south of the Kern-Kaweah River are being urged to call investigators at (559) 565-3195.
Read more : 3 hikers missing in SEKI | Views : 3464 | Replies : 4 | Forum : California

Weather

I realy want to go to Washington and Oregon state next summer(last of june and first of july). My family and I enjoy hiking, camping and we may even try summer skiing. But I hear that it rains alot in that region... Is it worth to fly all the way from the east coast at that time of the year? Could it rain 14 days in a row? Should we concider going later in July ...
Read more : Weather | Views : 4814 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Southwall Aconcagua

Does anybody have informations about the Aconcagua southwall? Actually conditions, climbers who wants to try it etc? Thanks!
Read more : Southwall Aconcagua | Views : 915 | Replies : 1 | Forum : South America

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558009 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136544