It is currently Sat Jun 22, 2024 4:09 pm

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

Mountaineering movies

What are some of your favorite Mountaineering Movies? I have not seen very many, just K2, Cliff hanger, Vertical limit, and Touching the Void (which I like the best so far).
Read more : Mountaineering movies | Views : 27368 | Replies : 58 | Forum : General

Down Suit vs. Down Parka & Pants

What is your opinion? Check my profile for my plans. I have an opportunity to snag some gear for my next trip and am hesitant to get an "8000m" (such as MHW Absolute Zero) parka due to its limited potential for use in the lower 48 but I have bigger mountains in my future. I've used (and gotten away from) two-piece fleece outfits since they bunch up around my midsection so I definitely see the ...
Read more : Down Suit vs. Down Parka & Pants | Views : 15816 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Gear

R J Johnson

Now, you can call me "Ray" and you can call me "Jay" and you can call me "Ray Jay Johnson"...but ya doesn't has to call me "JOHNSON"
Read more : R J Johnson | Views : 1470 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Ethics, Spray, and Slander

Starting out...What to buy USED and NEW

Im signing up for Alpine Ascent's 12 day Alaska Mountaineering course (next spring).

As far as equipment, what do you guys suggest I def buy NEW (boots?,etc?).

And as far as USED equip, where's the best place to look online?

THANKS!
Read more : Starting out...What to buy USED and NEW | Views : 2425 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Gear

Good Peaks for a Beginner in California

Greetings! I am a beginner and I was wondering if I could pull on on of your wisdom:

Are there any peaks in the winter that are conducive to learning the basics of winter mountaineering? I hear Lassen is the traditional candidate for this, but I wonder if there are any others nearby. I have crampons and ice axe ready to go but need a place to break em in.
Read more : Good Peaks for a Beginner in California | Views : 7960 | Replies : 15 | Forum : California

adding favorites.

Mountain project allows me to "favorite" an area, etc., and I was hoping you could add that ability here.
Read more : adding favorites. | Views : 1211 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Site Feedback

2009 Fall Foliage Photo challenge

Various other regions have the gall to assert that they've got good foliage. Please sumit your best Northeastern foliage shots from this year to:
2009 Northeast Fall Foliage album.

I'm planning to whip up some code in a custom object that will show the best photos from each region's album side by side.

Flexibility and Suppleness - key to injury prevention

Flexibility and Suppleness - key to injury prevention and increased strength.

Something will tear if it's over stretched or over loaded beyond what it's done before. I played International Badminton for 13 years, including across the US. It's the sport with the fastest pace and fastest smash (217mph). And at the same rock climbed and cycle raced.

http://fasthing.blogspot.com/2008/08/fa ... smash.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIYbsGYT4m4&NR=1
With movements ...
Read more : Flexibility and Suppleness - key to injury prevention | Views : 14398 | Replies : 25 | Forum : Technique and Training

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558081 • Total topics 55846 • Total members 136710