It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 9:57 am

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

Central Gully?

Has anyone but up this way yet this year? How is it looking. Is there ice just at the top or is it pretty much ice all the way up.

I am interested in trying to put together a climb. Current plan is Feb 13, 14 or 15 or Feb 27, 28 or Mar 1 if anyone is interested.

Thanks
Read more : Central Gully? | Views : 10595 | Replies : 27 | Forum : Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

Three climbers dead on Buachaille Etive Mor

Avalanche... :( :( :(

THREE climbers died yesterday after being caught by an avalanche which swept down one of Scotland's most iconic and dangerous mountains.
The climbers were attempting to tackle Buachaille Etive Mor, above Glencoe, despite warnings of a "considerable" avalanche risk in the area.

Nine climbers in two separate ...
Read more : Three climbers dead on Buachaille Etive Mor | Views : 1622 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

Teide

Hi all, I figured I'd do a dual purpose post here and introduce myself at the same time.

I'm a 19-year-old beginning climber from the United States presently living and studying in Spain. Mountaineering fascinates me and the little I have done so far has been a great experience. Over the coming years I hope to become a much more serious climber and have lots of success. The little mountaineering experience I do have is ...
Read more : Teide | Views : 1398 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Europe

Alpamayo - Ferrari route

Hi
I wonder if someone have climbed Alpamayo Ferrari route the last seasons ?
I searching for news and info about the conditions on the route compare to the guidebooks. I have heard from last year that the serac at the top looks very dangerous and the top ridge to the summit is realy difficult (like TD) ? I meet a lot of climber the last early season and everybody had choosen French direct.
Do ...
Read more : Alpamayo - Ferrari route | Views : 2807 | Replies : 3 | Forum : South America

Good Modern Blues-- Suggestions, Please

I am a fan of classic American Blues-- favorites include Robert Johnson, Willie Dixon, Howlin' Wolf, and Muddy Waters.

Please recommend some good modern-day performers. I don't like my music with a lot of political commentary, and I like my blues to be the hard, wicked kind-- the stuff that makes you want to grab a pack of harsh cigarettes and a bottle of rotgut whiskey and that covers the great Blues themes like unfaithful ...
Read more : Good Modern Blues-- Suggestions, Please | Views : 7093 | Replies : 51 | Forum : General

Snowdonia Mountain Recognition Help Needed Please

I only discovered Snowdonia in August last year, but have been back walking there a good few times since. So I should be able to recognise the local mountains, especially from photos I have taken using map and compass. But those below just defeat me!

I was walking to Cnicht from the North, via Ysgafell Wen, (Far North Top), and they are where Craig Wen, (above Beddgelert), and Yr Aran should be. But they just ...
Read more : Snowdonia Mountain Recognition Help Needed Please | Views : 1291 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Europe

more spam

energygirl is spamming me (via email) with her magic wand: http://www.hydrationwands.com

was gonna just ignore it but the voodoo ...err I mean, the science on the website is just too deep for me to pass on it

The Quantum Age Water StirwandTM restores this natural balance to any drinkable water. When water is stirred for 20 seconds with the StirwandTM technology, the energy of the enclosed high matrix minerals ...
Read more : more spam | Views : 11884 | Replies : 60 | Forum : Site Feedback

Ropemate wanted

Looking for a Beginner / Intermediate ice/rock/mountain ropemate. I am currently in Wanaka staged for climbing in and around MANP. Have been up to Beavan Col and around solo on Mt Bevan (2-) and Mt Joffre (1+) thus far. Looking for interest in the Darrens (Mt. Talbot), Remarkables ( traverse ), climbing around MCNP (ascents from Welcome Hut as well as the e side), and Mt. French (via frh) - Mt. Avalanche - Mt. Tyndall ...
Read more : Ropemate wanted | Views : 1772 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Oceania and Pacific Islands

still looking for help

on a book exclusively about cho oyu. thanks a bunch!
-eric
Read more : still looking for help | Views : 1036 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Asia

Once a month, starting February

I'm interested in doing something every month. Since this place is called summitpost, I'm obviously talking mountains, not donkeys.

I live in the North of Belgium and am free during weekends. Friday evening till Sunday evening. For example, last weekend we went to the Vosges mountains in France and climbed the Hohneck and did the sentier des roches.

At the end of every month, I get one extra day of vacation, so starting February, I ...
Read more : Once a month, starting February | Views : 1325 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557967 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136443