It is currently Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:27 pm

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

Gilgit, Skardu Flights

Hi.

I am looking for information, how to get by air to Gilgit or Skardu from Islamabad, India or Europe.
Where/How can I book a ticket ? Any recommended web-pages?
Are there any flights there from India (Delhi, Mumbai) or Europe ?
What may be the cost?

Regards, and thank You for any replies
Jakub
http://picasaweb.google.com/JakubGalka1 - my photos
www.cheo.nast.pl - my trips
Read more : Gilgit, Skardu Flights | Views : 1537 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Asia

climbing the matterhorn with a guide...have some questions

i am fairly new climber...i have climb real rock up to 5.8 on one full day occasion, i have climbed many times in the gym at 5.10, occasional rare 5.11 level. i have also spent two days glacier trekking and ice climbing(easy climbing), so i at least have familiarity with crampons. i am in great physical condition...i live away from the mountains and cannot climb often, i stay in shape by working out 6 times ...
Read more : climbing the matterhorn with a guide...have some questions | Views : 11409 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Europe

Hiking in Serbia

I will probably visit Serbia this summer, and would like to go hiking there.

What do you think is the nicest place(s) to hike in Serbia?
I am flexible with any circumstances - all I want is the best possible hiking experience!

I've read (on Summitpost etc) about Kopaonik, Stara Planina, Suva Planina, Tara national park and Kamena Gora... what is your favourite?
Read more : Hiking in Serbia | Views : 4036 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Europe

Orizaba Weather

Wow! Glad I went when I did. Quite a change in the weather window!

http://www.rmiguides.com/international/ ... atches.php
Read more : Orizaba Weather | Views : 3108 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Central Gully?

Has anyone but up this way yet this year? How is it looking. Is there ice just at the top or is it pretty much ice all the way up.

I am interested in trying to put together a climb. Current plan is Feb 13, 14 or 15 or Feb 27, 28 or Mar 1 if anyone is interested.

Thanks
Read more : Central Gully? | Views : 10915 | Replies : 27 | Forum : Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

Three climbers dead on Buachaille Etive Mor

Avalanche... :( :( :(

THREE climbers died yesterday after being caught by an avalanche which swept down one of Scotland's most iconic and dangerous mountains.
The climbers were attempting to tackle Buachaille Etive Mor, above Glencoe, despite warnings of a "considerable" avalanche risk in the area.

Nine climbers in two separate ...
Read more : Three climbers dead on Buachaille Etive Mor | Views : 1669 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

Teide

Hi all, I figured I'd do a dual purpose post here and introduce myself at the same time.

I'm a 19-year-old beginning climber from the United States presently living and studying in Spain. Mountaineering fascinates me and the little I have done so far has been a great experience. Over the coming years I hope to become a much more serious climber and have lots of success. The little mountaineering experience I do have is ...
Read more : Teide | Views : 1418 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Europe

Alpamayo - Ferrari route

Hi
I wonder if someone have climbed Alpamayo Ferrari route the last seasons ?
I searching for news and info about the conditions on the route compare to the guidebooks. I have heard from last year that the serac at the top looks very dangerous and the top ridge to the summit is realy difficult (like TD) ? I meet a lot of climber the last early season and everybody had choosen French direct.
Do ...
Read more : Alpamayo - Ferrari route | Views : 2834 | Replies : 3 | Forum : South America

Good Modern Blues-- Suggestions, Please

I am a fan of classic American Blues-- favorites include Robert Johnson, Willie Dixon, Howlin' Wolf, and Muddy Waters.

Please recommend some good modern-day performers. I don't like my music with a lot of political commentary, and I like my blues to be the hard, wicked kind-- the stuff that makes you want to grab a pack of harsh cigarettes and a bottle of rotgut whiskey and that covers the great Blues themes like unfaithful ...
Read more : Good Modern Blues-- Suggestions, Please | Views : 7150 | Replies : 51 | Forum : General

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558047 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136639