It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:40 am

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

Transport

Hi,

Im going to Chamonix next weekend and thinking of going to La Palud in italy. Are there any busconnections from Chamonix to La Palud? If you know anything about this please let me know. I dont wanna spend alot of euros to use the cablecar up and over to italy.

Cheers!
Read more : Transport | Views : 459 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

Dachstein info (climbing tours/agency/trips) for a 1st-timer

Hi All,
I'm looking for any info regarding climbing tours/agencies/trips/groups for the Dachstein. I've never done any climbing in the past, besides hiking while living in Darjeeling, India but would love to go on a climbing trip before I head back to Canada the end of August. appreciate any help... links, tips etc I did some search online and haven't had any luck.
Read more : Dachstein info (climbing tours/agency/trips) for a 1st-timer | Views : 899 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Europe

GPS mapping software that works with Garmin and Macintosh

Hello all. I'm a bit flumoxed by the lack of software available to Apple users which is also compatible with my Garmin GPSmap 60CS. I think it's a great GPS device, but I can't figure out how to load maps onto it without getting on a PC. I'm hoping to acquire maps for Switzerland, as that's where I'm living these days. Anyone have any ideas for me?
Read more : GPS mapping software that works with Garmin and Macintosh | Views : 2247 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Europe

weekend in Crianlarich, Scotland

I'll be in Scotland next weekend at Crianlarich with some other sportive folks, but nobody who has done much hiking.

Assuming the weather is good, can any of you recommend a nearby hill we can walk up that has a path at least most of the way to the top?
Read more : weekend in Crianlarich, Scotland | Views : 847 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Europe

Summit quiz #7 - Hoher Ifen

Well, I start another one, because it was quite fun the last times... I guess this one is a bit more difficult but the mountain is still quite prominent.

Which mountain is visible in the photo?
LInk to image page.
Read more : Summit quiz #7 - Hoher Ifen | Views : 2478 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Europe

Cordillera Real

Can someone help me out wrt the climbing season in Bolivia in December? I am looking at a big chunk of time from Dec 8-23rd (my climbing partner will be finishing up a semester abroad in Santiago just before) and we were thinking about heading to the Real afterwards.

Is that a reasonable season? if not, anywhere else in S.America for big snow/ice peaks in December?

Also, recommendations on peaks to try?

Thanks!
Read more : Cordillera Real | Views : 3239 | Replies : 7 | Forum : South America

Nangaparbat

one climber is still lost on Nanga n probably death ...

the website is imputed to swindle the Iranian mountaineering community. Please read here and tell me your opinion about the whole story.

1- is it ok with what the website told?
2- where do you think the team made mistake?

I need your experience to learn an expensive lesson.

regards
Read more : Nangaparbat | Views : 1999 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Asia

Shipton's Arch

Has anyone been to Shipton's Arch not far away from Kashgar? The highest arch in the world the locals claim. Lots of offers here but has anyone been there and can give me info if it's worth to go? Prices?
Read more : Shipton's Arch | Views : 906 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Asia

Ecuador Climbing Season

What are typical weather/snow conditions like on Chimborazo and neighboring ranges around Thanksgiving (Nov 22-30-ish)? Has anyone skied these peaks around this time of the year? I'd appreciate any info. Thanks.
Read more : Ecuador Climbing Season | Views : 2301 | Replies : 1 | Forum : South America

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558075 • Total topics 55846 • Total members 136691