It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 2:39 am

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

Costa Rica

Does anyone know any easy mountains there? I'm going with my family and between my little bro's and my mom, I need something fun but not too hard. Any ideas?
Read more : Costa Rica | Views : 750 | Replies : 2 | Forum : South America

Mercedario

Andreas Colli Andinista alemán Mercedario –
Robo con homicidio dicembre 02, buscan informaciónes todo de equipo. -Killed - Raubmord
We search after his gear - Wir suchen seine verkaufte Ausrüstung
Noticia en Andi visor - E-Mail Andisearcher@aol.com
Gracias el tio de Andreas – breve – Andi - Horst
look an important photo under member info
Read more : Mercedario | Views : 1546 | Replies : 1 | Forum : South America

Permit deal Tupungato

Hi!

For everyone heading to Tupungato soon: I noticed that the permit info on the Tupungato page is not up-to-date anymore.

Here is procedure as of Dec. 05 (we climbed Piuquenes, which requires the same procedure):

1. apply (possible via internet - http://www.difrol.cl/index3.htm, link at bottom of page; however, going there personally is probably faster)- for permit at DIFROL (Bandera Nº 52 Piso 5, Santiago, right in downtown, Metro ...
Read more : Permit deal Tupungato | Views : 658 | Replies : 1 | Forum : South America

mapping software

Does anyone know of mapping software that could be used with a GPS system available for South America (more specifically the Andean countries)? I haven't seen anything but I just thought I'd check. I'm new to the wonderful wide world of GPS, so I'm still trying to figure out what's available.

Thanks!
Read more : mapping software | Views : 673 | Replies : 0 | Forum : South America

Back from Aconcagua

Wow - what a great trip! I met many new friends on Aconcagua, and had the opportunity to dance briefly on the summit after all.

To Peak Freak, Corax, Nadios, Tom, Jim and the entire Swedish team: thanks for the comradery and for the wonderful memories during the climb. This was an adventure that I will never forget!

You may be interested to know that I was hospitalized while enroute back from Puenta del Inca ...
Read more : Back from Aconcagua | Views : 5928 | Replies : 23 | Forum : South America

exploring ecuador

i just wanted to throw out the word that i'm looking for someone to climb some big mountains in ecuador. i will be living in quito until the end of march and hope to conquer some of the volcanoes. i am also down to explore all other parts of ecuador, jungle, coast, ect...!
Read more : exploring ecuador | Views : 2049 | Replies : 3 | Forum : South America

Machu Picchu, El Misti - good arranger?

Hello there,
Plan to go on a trip to Peru in May '06. The four-days Inca trail to Machu Picchu is on the program as well as some climbing around Arequipa; perhaps El Misti, Chachani...
Anyone who can recommend a good Macu Picchu- arranger in Cusco and/or mountain guides around Arequipa? /many thanks. André
Read more : Machu Picchu, El Misti - good arranger? | Views : 4635 | Replies : 15 | Forum : South America

Cordon del Plata Conditions

Extreme conditions. Very cold with super strong winds. Spent the last 7 days in the range starting at San Bernardo refuge and camping at Las Vegas and Alto Salto (area above El Salto camping area). No summits of Plata or Rincon these days. We were able to make Vallecitos in extreme conditions. Several tents at El Salto were torn to shreds. Our Doite side tent did not survive, nor did our North Face Expedition which ...
Read more : Cordon del Plata Conditions | Views : 1915 | Replies : 1 | Forum : South America

Aconcagua - email group for 29 Dec - 2 Jan arrival

Hi - there are 5 us us who have shared a lot of info between us. We are all generally arriving 29 Dec to 2 Jan. I you would like to become part of our emailling group then email me on mark_capstick@ssga.com
Read more : Aconcagua - email group for 29 Dec - 2 Jan arrival | Views : 1545 | Replies : 0 | Forum : South America

Partner wanted for Siula Grande

Looking for partner to set up a new route on the west face on Siula Grande in the Peruvian Andes in 2006.
Read more : Partner wanted for Siula Grande | Views : 1509 | Replies : 1 | Forum : South America

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557977 • Total topics 55839 • Total members 136473