It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:58 pm

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

Liberty Ridge gone?

At least the route page here on SP is missing. For such an excellent route I hope someone can build another page to join the many quality routes on Rainier. Cheers!
Read more : Liberty Ridge gone? | Views : 2968 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Laurel Mountain

Hi guys

Anyone have any recent photos of this mountain? more specifically the NE face which faces Convict Lake... i wanna check out the melt-out in the NE gully. might be climbing this thing this tues, but i know mammoth area has been getting hit with a lot heat this week.

i have a photo from 8 days ago but i am hoping for something more recent. thanks!
Read more : Laurel Mountain | Views : 5173 | Replies : 20 | Forum : California

Good climbing near st. george

Are there any good climbing spots near st. george that are for a true begginer, I have never been climbing outside of a gym, so it needs to be pretty easy with fixed anchors.
Read more : Good climbing near st. george | Views : 1432 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Utah

Hyalite March 27 and 28

I wanted to post in the MontanaIce forums but I couldn't get a name registered. If anyone is interested, available, and willing to go climb some ice this upcoming weekend in Hyalite please send me a PM.

I am in Butte for the next several weeks for work and I brought a small assortment of passive rock gear, a couple screws, a rope, and my ice tools. I think this is the last weekend that ...
Read more : Hyalite March 27 and 28 | Views : 1330 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Denali Advice - Ski boots...

Headed to Denali starting the middle of May. Looking to take my BC Touring skis and skins for the trek up to 11k, then stash them. My concern is that they are currently mounted with 3-pins, and my only 3 pin boots are a pair of Rossi BCX11's (Leather).

Is it warm enough on the lower mountain to ski this set up to 11k camp? I may add some Vapor Barrier socks with expedition weight ...
Read more : Denali Advice - Ski boots... | Views : 2182 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Canada and Alaska

East Ridge of Grand Teton

Anybody here climbed East Ridge of the Grand? I am planning to do it over this 4th of July weekend with three partners (two pairs of two). Wondering about how much snow gear I should take, any decent bivy spots on the way to the summit, things to watch out for, beta, etc. We are thinking to take two days car to car.

Thanks!
Read more : East Ridge of Grand Teton | Views : 2388 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

California 14ers suggestions

Here in Reno, Nevada, a friend of mine and I have been organizing the Yahoo hiking group. Last year we organized a trip to Mount Whitney, which was very successful.

Now, my friend has decided he wants to hike at least two California 14ers this year. He has already done Whitney and White Mountain Peak. I am not recommending Muir or Russell since they are so close to Whitney, and he is familiar with them. ...
Read more : California 14ers suggestions | Views : 11888 | Replies : 36 | Forum : California

Bouldering at the gunks?

I heard that there is some. Is it any good? I'd have a place to stay 20 mins from there if I go out there.
Read more : Bouldering at the gunks? | Views : 2177 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

Anza Borrego & Death Valley suggestions

I'm headed car camping to Anza Borrego and Death Valley and would appreciate any suggestions for places to explore with the two pretty severe conditions that 1) we only have 2wd, and 2) I'm with my 8 months pregnant wife, so we won't be covering much ground or doing any climbing. However, I am interested in getting off the beaten path if possible-- even if it's only a little way off! Any suggestions for favorite ...
Read more : Anza Borrego & Death Valley suggestions | Views : 3363 | Replies : 10 | Forum : California

Stuart Lake TH access

Is it accessable right now? I am planning a trip next week or the week after to do Colchuck and/or Dragontail. I was hoping to see if one can get up there.

Also, does anyone have any experience doing both Dragontail and Colchuck from the Colchuck glacier route in one shot? What should I expect if I want to do both?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Read more : Stuart Lake TH access | Views : 5644 | Replies : 18 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557962 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136430