It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 5:14 am

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

Trail Running the San Gabriels

I am from Colorado and am here on business. Went up Mt. Wilson in a 4 hour round trip already and am looking for another good trail run or hike. I am staying in Pasadena.

Thanks!
Read more : Trail Running the San Gabriels | Views : 2174 | Replies : 6 | Forum : California

Blue Ridge Parkway Conditions?

I am planning to head down the parkway starting around March 30 to do a few days of hiking and scrambling.

Does anyone know if large sections of the road are still closed? I know there is a section of about 10 miles closed between Asheville and Mount Pisgah, but are there others?

I will be traveling approximately from Peaks of Otter to the Pisgah area, with major stops at Doughton, Linville Falls, the Craggies, ...
Read more : Blue Ridge Parkway Conditions? | Views : 3451 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

Suggestions? Mammoth to Tuolumne backpack

Looking at Reds Meadow to Tuolumne via JMT. Any nice spots to avoid the crowds around Thousand Island/Garnet Lake? How crowded does Ediza get? Any nice spots to share in Lyell Canyon? Never been to the area other than dayhikes. This will be a 3 day backpack in late July. I realize it will be very busy in this area during this time period, so I wanted to see if you all had some suggestions ...
Read more : Suggestions? Mammoth to Tuolumne backpack | Views : 4220 | Replies : 15 | Forum : California

Photography-Oriented Trip to Sky Haven - Who Wants In?

Hey SPers,

Sky Haven provides some very nice views of the Palisades, and I want to camp on the summit to photograph the view at sunset, nighttime, and sunrise. The 2nd day I may see if I can traverse over to Cloudripper for fun.

Is anyone from the Bay Area interested? I don't have a car, so I either need to share a ride or a car rental.

Trip timing would either be this Thursday ...
Read more : Photography-Oriented Trip to Sky Haven - Who Wants In? | Views : 691 | Replies : 2 | Forum : California

Adams South Spur approach?

Has anybody been up the South Spur recently? Cascadeclimbers says there was a big tree down over road 80 back in January, but has no other recent info. I don't know how much snow there is up there either. Hasn't this been a weak winter, especially down in southern cascades?

I'm hoping to get up there in May, but I don't know what to expect. Anyone have any idea?
Read more : Adams South Spur approach? | Views : 1825 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Snow Conditions in Snoqualmie Pass

I am going to be in the NW here for the next couple of weeks and I was wondering what the current snow conditions are like around Snoqualmie Pass. I was looking at soloing Chair Peak. Is this worth doing right now? I know that area is very prone to avalanches, so any advice would be appreciated.
Read more : Snow Conditions in Snoqualmie Pass | Views : 1625 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Best peaks to bag on a Mt. Rainier trip

Looking for other peaks to climb besides the obvious on a trip out to Seattle. Are there any "not to miss" places w/climbing or mountaineering? Planning a trip for next year and I'd like some local advice.
Thanks
Read more : Best peaks to bag on a Mt. Rainier trip | Views : 3041 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

McKenzie and Moose

Hey all. Just wondering if anyone has done the loop trip of McKenzie and Moose Mountains. Good starting point, round trip distance, etc would be much appreciated. I have the ADK High Peaks Region book, but I forgot to bring it with me to college. Thanks and happy trails!
Read more : McKenzie and Moose | Views : 1011 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558003 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136531