It is currently Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:04 am

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

SP Member Don Bowie touring PNW with K2 show

SP member, Don Bowie http://www.summitpost.org/user_page.php?user_id=39048 is coming to the PNW.
He is touring with a live multi-media presentation on his successful ascent of K2. Should be very cool! :D

I'm helping him with his Vancouver & Squamish shows next week (Nov 24 & 25).
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=173010729473&ref=mf

He will also be coming to Portland around Dec 8th and is looking for a good venue. Any suggestions from the ...
Read more : SP Member Don Bowie touring PNW with K2 show | Views : 2458 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Rainier

What are the risks associated with climbing Rainier this time of year besides deadly weather. I might have a chance next week and wondering what to prepare for? all you hard core experts have probably done it this time of year.
Read more : Rainier | Views : 6123 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Snow in SE Utah

I was thinking of canyoneering in Robbers Roost area this weekend. The weather sites say no precip for Hanksville in the last month. I have received secondhand reports of lots of snow there.
I called a restaurant in Hanksville, the guy said they got nothing. I realize Hanksville isn't exactly Robbers Roost but its close.

Poison Spider in Moab said they received 1" and its long gone.

could they actually have gotten more at Robbers ...
Read more : Snow in SE Utah | Views : 2337 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Utah

What do you look for in a mountain climbing website

I'm currently developing my first website for fun (fun is a relative term), and wanting to know what the community might be looking for in terms of features. Personally, I tend to use three or four websites for my information and would not mind having it all in one place. Thoughts? Ideas? Anyone interested in beta-testing some features?
Read more : What do you look for in a mountain climbing website | Views : 1713 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Colorado

Looking for Scott Loomis

PM me if you get this.

I'm compiling route information on Texas Canyon (Los Angeles County). I'm not publishing a book. I plan to post route information on this site and others and forward to others who publish print guides.

I hear that you put up some of the nice sport routes there in the 80's and 90's.
Read more : Looking for Scott Loomis | Views : 1650 | Replies : 5 | Forum : California

Adirondacks - challenging hike/secluded camping?

I'm looking for a challenging hike (2 days/1 night) that also offers secluded camping. No shelters needed. In a perfect world, the camp spot would have access to fishing but that's not necessary. Planning on going in late April. Recommendations? Many thanks.

I climbs. I climbs up high. You wants climb?

Went down to Warrenville on Sunday. Spent the afternoon climbing with drjohnso and one of his friends. They were really great and took time to belay me up the easier stuff. Thanks for letting me tag along, I had a blast.

I think we should do an SP Midwest gym climbing day. It adds a little more flexibility for those with tight schedules. I know this would effectively limit it to the Chicago-area people, but ...
Read more : I climbs. I climbs up high. You wants climb? | Views : 5883 | Replies : 23 | Forum : Midwest (Great Plains, Great Lakes)

Maroon Creek Rd Closure

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Forest Service Road closed Maroon Creek Road today. I was hoping it would stay open another week as I wanted to go hiking / snowshoeing there tomorrow.

So if you want winter access to the Bells you are going to have to start walking at T Lazy 7 Ranch.
Read more : Maroon Creek Rd Closure | Views : 2066 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Colorado

Matterhorn Peak conditions

If anyone knows what conditions are like on Matterhorn Peak these days--or would like to guess what they will be like right after Thanksgiving--it would be most appreciated.
Read more : Matterhorn Peak conditions | Views : 1891 | Replies : 6 | Forum : California

Onion Valley conditions?

Does anyone know about current conditions on the Onion Valley peaks, specifically Independence Peak and University Peak?

I also assume that the road is still open all the way to Onion Valley.
Read more : Onion Valley conditions? | Views : 1927 | Replies : 1 | Forum : California

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558049 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136641