It is currently Mon May 27, 2024 5:51 am

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

Adirondacks - Northville - Lake Placid Trail Relocation

The long awaited relocation of a central portion of the Northville Lake Placid trail has commenced. This will move about seven miles of the trail north of Wakely Dam from a walk along the Cedar River Road to pristine wilderness a mile or two to the north. I met the trail crew out in the woods this past week. They have started work in the center of this section and expect to complete by the ...

Ongoing Utah Mountaineering Thread: Summer 2009

I thought I'd start this season's thread with a pic from a 3hr. rountrip jaunt Todd & Winslow Passey and I did on the South Ridge of Superior, via poleline.

This is Todd jogging back on the road to the Chickadee Lift parking where we started. Both of them having recently gotten back from Denali (Winslow got back the night before), they cruised the ridge in 1.5 hrs. and kindly waited for me at the ...
Read more : Ongoing Utah Mountaineering Thread: Summer 2009 | Views : 16413 | Replies : 60 | Forum : Utah

Bear Creek Spire

Any one been up to BCS in the last couple of days? We were planning on doing the North Arete this weekend. Just wondering how much snow on the approach and the ridge.
Read more : Bear Creek Spire | Views : 13443 | Replies : 36 | Forum : California

7k foot peaks in Black Hills

I'm planning on ascending all of the 7,000 foot peaks in the Black Hills. Has anyone else out there tried this? The list I've compiled includes: Harney Peak, Odakota Mountain, Bear Mountain, Crooks Tower, Terry Peak, Crow's Nest Peak, and Sylvan Hill (listed as Sylvan Peak on SP). Does anyone have any info about these peaks, particularly Odakota? I went up to what I thought was the peak a few weeks ago. It seemed like ...
Read more : 7k foot peaks in Black Hills | Views : 4948 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Midwest (Great Plains, Great Lakes)

Suicide Trivia Quiz

One time, while sitting at the base of the Pirate, I had an encounter with someone who was walking around showing his partner where the routes at Suicide were. Suffice it to say he was slightly confused, and even identified Valhalla incorrectly. When I tried to helpfully correct him he whipped out a guidebook, looked at it for a minute, and then proceeded to tell me in no uncertain terms that I didn't know what ...
Read more : Suicide Trivia Quiz | Views : 12001 | Replies : 68 | Forum : California

Kansas City???

This "Midwest" forum seems to be dominated by the Great Lakes area... Is anybody on here within a couple hours of KC? I'm looking for some good day hikes. I'm doing Four Pass Loop out near Aspen in the middle of August, so I'm trying to do some warm up trails.

Any ideas out there?
Read more : Kansas City??? | Views : 2641 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Midwest (Great Plains, Great Lakes)

WTF? No page on Mt Hunter

Am I just a bonehead and cannot find it (which is entirely possible :roll: ) or does SP not have one yet?

Anyone out there climbed it? If so, please tell :D
Read more : WTF? No page on Mt Hunter | Views : 7460 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Canada and Alaska

Laramie Peak

I climbed Laramie Peak on the main trail after attempting a cross-country route. Snow became a problem higher up, but not bad considering the wet winter. See my trip report at http://www.summitpost.org/trip-report/515664/laramie-peak-on-the-second-attempt.html.

I plan to climb Gannett Peak and return to the Bighorns in August, so it's going to be a Wyoming year!

-Tim
Read more : Laramie Peak | Views : 1508 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Boundary Peak, NV dilemma

Looking for some advice. I'm going to hike Boundary Peak, NV this summer. I'm on a rather long driving execursion going through several states to hike high points and other type of features. I have a camry hybird or a 4Runner, obviously the camry gets twice as much miles per gallon than the 4runner. My question is which hike should i do on Boudary - Queens Mine which I read requires a 4WD (will my ...
Read more : Boundary Peak, NV dilemma | Views : 4157 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558012 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136555