It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 4:44 pm

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

Toro Peak

Do you want to climb Toro Peak but don't want to trespass? Toro Peak can be climbed legally with a permit. Call 951 659-2700, ex. 102 for more information.
Contact- Vanessa Minott, Tribal Administrator, Santa Rosa Band of Cahuilla Indians.
Or, visit their facebook page and go to the "contact us/messenger" function to start the permit application process.
A one day hiking permit is $40.00, a multiple day permit is $40.00 per day (on reservation ...
Read more : Toro Peak | Views : 3769 | Replies : 4 | Forum : California

Mountaineers route versus Whitney trail

Question, we will be backpacking from the north on The JMT then west up to Whitney. I'll have 3 people with me that are much more the backpacker and casual climber. When headed down to The Whitney Portal, I'd like to save 6 miles and decend on The Mountaineers route. Thoughts on the two routes?
Read more : Mountaineers route versus Whitney trail | Views : 10480 | Replies : 11 | Forum : California

Petition To Change Back To Pre-Covid Walk-in Permit System

Please sign, the more signatures we get, the better chance we have to get these agencies to consider our request! Thank you!

http://chng.it/NcyLzS2yGS
Read more : Petition To Change Back To Pre-Covid Walk-in Permit System | Views : 3746 | Replies : 6 | Forum : California

Tucson rock climbing Feb 5-9

I'll be in Tuscon area Friday February 5 through Tuesday February 9. I already had COVID a few months ago and am not contagious and sicne I had it should have an immunity so I won't be getting anyone sick.

Does anyone want to do some rock climbs? I am very experienced, but don't climb hard anymore and am past my prime. I'm more a 5.8 and below kind of guy.
Read more : Tucson rock climbing Feb 5-9 | Views : 2251 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

New River Gorge National Park

There's a new national park in the Southeast!: New River Gorge National Park

Source

https://www.nps.gov/neri/index.htm
Read more : New River Gorge National Park | Views : 5116 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

2021 Mystery Photo #1

Who, where, why, and by whom? The fellow on the left, that is. Photo acquired at auction from estate of notable Bay Area gentleman. As usual, no prizes but for recognition and fame. The subject and the circumstances were a puzzle that took a few days to solve. The "Indian" will probably remain a puzzle. Relevance to climbing a stretch but what the hell? Don't wanna give away too much.

Read more : 2021 Mystery Photo #1 | Views : 4024 | Replies : 5 | Forum : California

New Years Trip (Colorado)

If anyone is interested in joining us, Kessler and I are climbing Hoosier Ridge on January 1st. On January 2-3 we're climbing Bison Peak, Bison View, and McCurdy Mountain in the Lost Creek Wilderness (two day climb).

Those seemed like the most reasonable and safest choices given the current avalanche conditions.

If anyone is interested in joinging us for either the day trip or the overnighter (or both) let me know.
Read more : New Years Trip (Colorado) | Views : 1524 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Colorado

Apologies for Forgetting Postage, 1922

Francis sends regrets for late Christmas greetings.

Read more : Apologies for Forgetting Postage, 1922 | Views : 3194 | Replies : 5 | Forum : California

Basic questions on getting into backcountry skiing

Hi everyone,

Very new to summitpost, so please be forgiving if I posted this at the wrong place. I'm trying to get more into backcountry skiing and will be getting my AVIARE1 soon. I wanted to see if people know of any good organizations and what not that would be planning backcountry ski trips as I would love to take part in group trips to further develop my skills. I tried looking into the sierra ...
Read more : Basic questions on getting into backcountry skiing | Views : 2638 | Replies : 2 | Forum : California

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557989 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136501