It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:08 am

News News of Regional Boards - Worldwide

Site map of Regional Boards - Worldwide » Forum : Regional Boards - Worldwide

Koser Gunge

Hello everybody

Does someone knows something about KOSER GUNGE???
Is a 6400mt mountain near Skardu but I didn't found infos about routes or photos ecc...

Thank you
Matteo
Read more : Koser Gunge | Views : 4290 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Asia

Aconcagua Polish Glacier Route

Hello,

A climbing buddy and I are planning on attempting Aconcagua in a little over a year (December/January 2020/2021). We would like to avoid the crowds and also want something slightly more on the technical side than the normal route, though no vertical ice climbing. The Polish Glacier Direct route seems perfect for us, but I haven't seen many summit reports via this route in the last few years and it seems to have fallen ...
Read more : Aconcagua Polish Glacier Route | Views : 3523 | Replies : 2 | Forum : South America

Mt. Siguniang/Four Sisters Mountain in China

Mount Siguniang,also named Four Girls Mountain, Oriental Apls, is an AAAA National Park,it is located in Rilong Town( also named Mt.Siguniang town), Sichuan Province. Mt. Siguniang encompasses four peaks: DaFeng(1st peak), Erfeng (2nd peak), Sangungiang Sanfeng (3rd peak), and Yaomeifeng (4th peak). The highest peak is Yaomeifeng, also known as the "Queen of Sichuan's peaks", standing at 6,250m. The other three lower peaks are regular mountaineering destinations through all seasons. Mount Siguniang Dafeng 5,025m is ...
Read more : Mt. Siguniang/Four Sisters Mountain in China | Views : 2988 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Asia

Rope on Iztaccihuatl?

Hi,

I'm wondering what people are doing on Iztaccihuatl regarding ropes. From bottom to Groupo it's not required. And after Groupo, at what time does it become a good idea? I went there last year and went pretty high (Was too slow to summit) and we never felt the need of the rope (Even if we had it with us). When does it get used?

Thanks,

JM
Read more : Rope on Iztaccihuatl? | Views : 4688 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Mont Blanc 2019 - Questions & Advices

Hi!

We are planning to summit at the end of September. We have reservations at Tête Rousse hut.

I have some questions for those who summited this summer.

1. Are there any crevasses on the trail?
2. From what I could find on the internet, there is a required (by law) equipment list. The only item we are missing is a GPS/Altimeter. We don't own a GPS device because we've never needed it. Until now ...
Read more : Mont Blanc 2019 - Questions & Advices | Views : 3422 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Europe

Pequeno Alpamayo and Cerro Condoriri in November

Unfortunately I cannot go in the usual 'best' season and have time first two weeks of November. 1st week for acclimatization and 2nd week for climbing.

I'm trying to figure out how climb-able Pequeno Alpamay and Cerro Condoriri in Bolivian Cordillera Blanca are in November.
I know it tends to start raining in Bolivia after September but reportedly last year rain season didn't come until December.

Does anybody have any first hand experience there in ...
Read more : Pequeno Alpamayo and Cerro Condoriri in November | Views : 2615 | Replies : 1 | Forum : South America

Elbrus, Kazbek and Damavand in one Month.. who joins me?

Hello Everyone,

my name is kagan, living in Germany.

I climbed two times over 7000 m and I plan next year Khan Tegri

That's why I want to spend a month in the mountains at the beginning of December until the beginning of January.

My Plan is:

Elbrus Russian
Kazbek Georgia
Damavand Iran
and maybe also Sabalan(iran)

I have good physical condition and all my required equipment. In Damavand I was myself in the winter ...
Read more : Elbrus, Kazbek and Damavand in one Month.. who joins me? | Views : 2227 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

Climb Carstensz Pyramid

I climbed the top of Carstensz 54 times with the international team as a guide. together with some experienced guides we create our own company manadoexplorer.com, if you are interested in using our services, please contact us.
We have a schedule this year in 1 - 10 September, 1 - 10 October, 1 - 10 November .
Read more : Climb Carstensz Pyramid | Views : 2103 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Asia

Elbrus in October

Hi all !
I am new in the forum and new to mountaineering. Last year I climbed Kilimanjaro and since then I dream of higher mountains. Basicly, my only experience is Kili + a 3000m peak in winter conditions. Aconcagua is my next target and I plan to try it in February 2020, but before that I would like to make some training on Elbrus in October (I live in Europe).
Unfortunately, I can not ...
Read more : Elbrus in October | Views : 6459 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Europe

Need help

Hi guys I need the help today was my first walking up the mountain or climbing “Pen y Fan”
There is no technical climbing on this one but I have been thinking about next trip “Glyder Fach”
Guys do you think someone like me with no experience but big heart and fit could do this one as the next one?
If you think this step is to big
What would you recommend?
Read more : Need help | Views : 4326 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557948 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136406